Our Newest Sponsor - X10 Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Newest Sponsor - X10 Archery

Help me welcome Lynda and X10 Archery and Academy as our newest Green Screen Sponsor.

Lynda registered on the site back in 2010. She's been MIA for a while working toward growing a new business on the southwest side of Houston - X10 Archery.

X10 has a Pro Shop, Academy and a Range to shoot at. They are located at
    9701 Honeywell St.
    Houston, TX 77074

Welcome back to The Green Screen in such a big way, Lynda!
    Last edited by Mary; 07-09-2021, 07:43 AM.

I’m glad to hear of one on the south side of Houston.

Comment

Welcome back Lynda! So glad to see you on here again. I thoroughly enjoyed your shop when I was there a few years ago for SYWAT. The layout is nice- I liked the sitting areas and how the range was well lit and spacious.

Comment

Thanks for your sponsorship!!!

Comment

Go there for all my recurve questions. They are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Comment

Wow that's great!! Congratulations Lynda on gitt'n it done!! Sure glad to see the old Viking curse gone from that facility!! Great location! Just need to get the word out!
            Good luck!

Comment

Had some strings put on a few years ago. Nice place, friendly staff

Comment

Thanks Lynda, some real good reports on X10 Archery posted here, good luck.

Comment

Thanks Lynda for the sponsorship.

Comment

Thank you. This is who we are...

Thank you, Mary. I am so happy that you are still here keeping things rocking.

Hey gang! Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back. I have missed the Green Screen. There is not a better community. Period.

I wanted to take a moment (or several...) to share what X10 Archery is about.

3D was my first love before I got very interested in bowhunting. Before I was able to really get to grips with that, only getting in a blind a few times, I got swept up in coaching a club in Pearland that I turned into a JOAD club (Junior Olympic Archery Development - a USA Archery target archery program). I became a coach and competitor in the target world. Dabbled in trad, too.

When I needed my own place, as the gun range I was using was getting too small, the old Viking Archery location became available and the landlord was given my name as someone who could keep archery going under that roof. Focusing mostly on target archery, we became the largest archery teaching academy in the state, and go-to place for target archery gear. Here we are 7 years later, with multiple local, state and national champions in our Academy.

We have recently become more geared toward bowhunting and offer a wider selection of bows and accessories, with one of the best techs around. We tune all bows like they are target bows, with precision in mind. We are not competing with our friends at West Houston and Texas Archery. We all send customers to each other and have a healthy relationship - we carry different bow lines and have our own unique corner.

So, more about us:

PRO SHOP - Sales

All brands can be seen on our website.
                    • PSE - including the new 2021 lineup of EVO EVL and NOCK ON Series
                    • Diamond by Bowtech
                    • Prime
                    • Crossbows (can't keep them on the shelf - very low stock right now)
                    • Broad selection of choices for recurve and youth

PRO SHOP - Service
                    • Full service bow and arrow tech for compound, recurve and trad
                    • 60X Strings
                    • Custom recurve strings

RANGE
                    • 18 lanes
                    • Back wall targets at 20 yards. Custom made out of high density foam from American Excelsior (was Hips)
                    • Portable targets available
                    • Crossbow targets available
                    • Rental equipment available
                    • Big screen for scoring, videos, presentations

ACADEMY
                    • Lessons - ages 8-100, all styles
                    • Try Archery - a structured way for anyone to just... Try Archery. This keeps us very busy.
                    • Camps - target and bowhunting - HoustonArcheryCamp.com
                      We trained with TPWD to offer their Explore Bowhunting Camp - we are excited about this!
                    • USA Archery certified coaches
                    • USA Archery certifications offered, up to Level 3
                    • ATA Member Service Provider - I offer services to other pro shops to help them build a teaching academy to supplement income.

EVENTS
                    • Corporate and birthday parties
                    • SYWAT
                    • Leagues
                    • JOAD and Adult Archery program
                    • Classes - e.g. archery yoga, snake awareness

TL;DR - we offer a host of archery related education, gear, services and events. We love what we do and love our archery family. Our reviews speak for themselves.

Reading all this, no wonder I am so exhausted. Lol! It's a labor of love.

If you have made it this far, thank you!!

--
                    Lynda LeCompte
                    X10 Archery & Academy | Owner
                    USA Archery Level 4 NTS Coach, Coach Trainer

Comment

Good Luck Lynda. I will definitely be coming your way. Glad to see you back.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        Good Luck Lynda. I will definitely be coming your way. Glad to see you back.
                        Thank you! We appreciate the support. Now's a great time to see inventory. There was a huge shortage for a while as production was behind across the industry. The bows are slowly trickling in.

Comment

Lynda, I wish you the best of luck!! I am so happy for you and your dedication to our sport! Thank you Ma'am!!

Good luck with this venture as it grows to serve the Southwest community. It was badly needed!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Lynda, I wish you the best of luck!! I am so happy for you and your dedication to our sport! Thank you Ma'am!!

Good luck with this venture as it grows to serve the Southwest community. It was badly needed!
                            Thank you! Couldn't do this without the awesome X10 team and the archery community. This is a great time to be in the world of archery...

I have a dream... to teach our younger generation to be critical thinkers and learn self sufficiency. Get away from the phones, get outside and connect with nature. Learn how to live off the land and appreciate the gifts we have. This world we live in would crush many in a just a few more steps. The next generation have to think about survival.

I'm about to post a thread about the explore bow hunting camp we have coming up...

Comment

Working...
                            X