Let's see your tiller boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see your tiller boat

I'm getting ready to start looking for another metal boat and I'm going tiller handle this time. I want to free up as much room as possible. Going straight utilitarian.. fresh water, salt water, ducks, etc.. I want to see yall's setup!

I been a tiller fan all my life...But got C console and never been that happy with ,just takes up too much space ...and one thing I always liked about open style boat is Lay down and take a Nap or spend nite ...Room for everything and or re-arrange..
    -
    Anyway look at Boat ya want and look into MERCURY new Tiller from 40hp to 110hp.. its pretty cool ...longer, lots of adj,tilt/trim,dig read out,shift...Never been a Merc fan but that may convert me...Been thinking about pulling that center con out of my alu for a while..

Comment

Here’s a pic of mine. It’s a gator trax 1854, with Suzuki 70. The bowfishing lights are removable, as is the poling platform.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
        I been a tiller fan all my life...But got C console and never been that happy with ,just takes up too much space ...and one thing I always liked about open style boat is Lay down and take a Nap or spend nite ...Room for everything and or re-arrange..
        -
        Anyway look at Boat ya want and look into MERCURY new Tiller from 40hp to 110hp.. its pretty cool ...longer, lots of adj,tilt/trim,dig read out,shift...Never been a Merc fan but that may convert me...Been thinking about pulling that center con out of my alu for a while..
        friend of mine has a G3 1648 with a yamaha 40 fourstroke and it's an awesome little motor. pushes that flatbottom around rather quickly.

Comment

My tin can destroyer. 1548 Alweld. 23hp Backwater Longtail for the stumps and skinny stuff. Got a Yamaha 25 I swap for the off season.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
            Here’s a pic of mine. It’s a gator trax 1854, with Suzuki 70. The bowfishing lights are removable, as is the poling platform.
            Man ive got a 50hp tiller on my grizzly amd thought that was a lot of hp in the palm of my hand...but 70 dang!

Ive always been paranoid it is going to jump left or right out of my hand at full thottle.

Comment

I got little 15x48 with a 2 cylinder 25 yammer but sure would like me one of tnem gator trax style rigs with a tiller

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Man ive got a 50hp tiller on my grizzly amd thought that was a lot of hp in the palm of my hand...but 70 dang!

Ive always been paranoid it is going to jump left or right out of my hand at full thottle.
                That Suzuki is a great motor, and pretty easy to operate. It’s a blast running it through the marsh!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6993.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	24653346

My Ranger Banshee Poling Skiff. 16', 30hp Merc.
                  We have caught many fish in that lil boat.

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
                    What lights are those?

Comment

Also have a Alumacraft Waterfowler

Well, humpty doo! Pics didn't come through!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 06-04-2021, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	24653349

Name:	IMG_0346.jpg
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	24653350

Here we go!

Its a skinny drafting boat. I got it to duck hunt with my baby boy, but that didn't pan out so I used it to fish in. Lots of open room. A storage/rod box on the port side. Open storage in the back. I modified it to be a Poling Skiff and it does well.
                        Last edited by lovemylegacy; 06-04-2021, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Man, I have been wanting to get another boat after selling mine a while back. See these setups got me thinking I might go this route.

The Gator Trax BDann has is pretty sweet.

J

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

I got a 15' Alweld with a 25 hp Yamaha a couple years ago for chasing reds. I decked the front and rear, put a grab rail and tiller extension on it and a jack plate. There's pictures of it on here somewhere. The reds can't hide from that thing, it goes anywhere. I highly recommend one.

Comment

Working...
                              X