Water well questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water well questions

Without explaining the whole story, the long and short is, what do I look for and who would I talk to in order to determine if a property would be a good location for a water well? Looking for a potential well to be the sole water source for a house (or two). What is the likelihood of finding a good source of water? Is it pretty much a crap shoot? Is there a general, ballpark cost or is it too much of a wide range? Any input and help is appreciated.

Originally posted by jake03 View Post
    Without explaining the whole story, the long and short is, what do I look for and who would I talk to in order to determine if a property would be a good location for a water well? Looking for a potential well to be the sole water source for a house (or two). What is the likelihood of finding a good source of water? Is it pretty much a crap shoot? Is there a general, ballpark cost or is it too much of a wide range? Any input and help is appreciated.
    You can google and look at registered wells in the area and it will tell depths. Can't remember where I looked but that's how I knew our area is 340 ft or just call a local water well company.

Comment

Tdlr website has a map with all logged wells with the well report for each well. You can probably get pretty close to your location. Or maybe even next door

Comment

What the guys before me said.

As far as cost, I had to go 800' and mine was 30k that was 3 yrs ago.

3 wells have been drilled in my neighborhood the last year and all had to go 800', they paid close to 40k.

Now where I am, there are 3 aquifers

Woodbine 200-300' water is dirty and has a ton of iron in it. Filter required and still turns clothes rust colored and stains concrete.

Paluxy 800' much better water, clear and doesn't stain. I put a filter just to help with water purity.

Trinity 1300', don't know anyone who has gone that deep.

Price goes up the deeper you go and depending on if you do an above ground storage tank and how big.

If you're in DFW area, I can pass along a couple of drillers you can talk to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, men. This certainly helps.

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
          Tdlr website has a map with all logged wells with the well report for each well. You can probably get pretty close to your location. Or maybe even next door
          Ha, you were right....property next door apparently has one!

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
            What the guys before me said.

As far as cost, I had to go 800' and mine was 30k that was 3 yrs ago.

3 wells have been drilled in my neighborhood the last year and all had to go 800', they paid close to 40k.

Now where I am, there are 3 aquifers

Woodbine 200-300' water is dirty and has a ton of iron in it. Filter required and still turns clothes rust colored and stains concrete.

Paluxy 800' much better water, clear and doesn't stain. I put a filter just to help with water purity.

Trinity 1300', don't know anyone who has gone that deep.

Price goes up the deeper you go and depending on if you do an above ground storage tank and how big.

If you're in DFW area, I can pass along a couple of drillers you can talk to.

Whoa, that's a little more than I expected. I do see that the wells around me are more in the 100-350' range, for the most part. What is the advantage of above ground storage? Reservoir, basically? Did you do that?

Appreciate the insight and offers. I'm actually in East Texas, near Tyler.

Comment

Whoa, that's a little more than I expected. I do see that the wells around me are more in the 100-350' range, for the most part. What is the advantage of above ground storage? Reservoir, basically? Did you do that?

I will pm you the info of a guy. I’m guessing around $10,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The wells that I have had in East Tx were 150'-400' deep. Ballpark cost should be around $10-12k.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  The wells that I have had in East Tx were 150'-400' deep. Ballpark cost should be around $10-12k.
                  Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  I will pm you the info of a guy. I’m guessing around $10,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Awesome thanks! This is more along the lines of what I was thinking/hoping.

Comment

My well is 410 feet. Cost me $10,000. That was about 3 years ago.

-john

Comment

I did put an above ground 3000 gal water storage tank. It always is full of water, not if but when you lose power, your pump malfunctions or anything else that won't allow the pump to work, you still have a water supply. Just my thoughts.

I don't know cost anywhere other than North Texas where I am. Definitely check around. Talk to neighbors and I bet they can steer you in the right direction.

Best of luck

Comment

Just have someone come out and witch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So when you lose power, how does the tank feed your house ?
                          Generator ?

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 000 Buck View Post
                            So when you lose power, how does the tank feed your house ?
                            Generator ?
                            Yes, I have a generator. With an above ground tank you will at least get gravity feed and be able to flush, wash and clean dishes even if you don't have power. For a bit anyway.

Comment

I had my well done last year. Had it witched. The well is 585 foot deep. The case, the size of pump all have to do with the price. I paid right around 20k. This was in menard

Comment

Working...
                              X