Found Tri Tip at H-E-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Tri Tip at H-E-B

I went intending to get a brisket but all my H-E-B had was a bad looking choice one and some wagyu ones for $140. I have never seen Tri tip at the H-E-B I go to but they had 2 so I got both of them. I’ve never cooked it before but dang it turned out great. I’m doing the 2nd one today but going to smoke it like a brisket. I hope they keep stocking them because I’ll definitely buy again if they have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! I’ve been wanting to try one out for a while now.

Comment

They are good. You can slice it and cook like a steak too. Check Costco as another option. They have them right now.

Comment

That’s it, I’m heading to heb today to check.

I love tritip

Comment

Ah, man, I love tri-tip! The first time I ever even heard of it was in Nipomo, California in 1993. I saw it on the chalkboard menu and asked the cook, "What is tri-tip?" He laughed and said, "You must be from Texas, y'all grind it into hamburger meat down there." He sliced some right off the pit and made me a wrap-around sandwich and I've been hooked ever since. Good stuff.

Comment

I grew up on it in California and still don’t understand why it’s not more popular here in beef loving Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I saw them at the H‑E‑B on bandera and 1604 yesterday too. Didn’t buy it because I wasn’t sure what to do with it, got ribeyes instead. That looks pretty dang tasty though.

Comment

Just got back from HEB, picked up two. Going on the BGE at lunch.

Comment

Post pics

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                    Just got back from HEB, picked up two. Going on the BGE at lunch.

Be warned there was a lot of trimming to do!

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                      I grew up on it in California and still don’t understand why it’s not more popular here in beef loving Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      I joined a weber group on FB years ago and that same sentiment is expressed all the time. Huge in Cali and folks are slowly learning about it elsewhere.

Comment

That looks absolutely fantastic.....tri-tip is great!
                        What’s the side you served it with?

Comment

I have never cooked it.
                          That looks delicious!

Comment

My heb usually also has picanha which is from the other end of the sirloin (tri tip from the bottom Picanha from the top.
                            I think I may like it even more, I've never done a side by side.

Comment

Nice. Have to try

Comment

Working...
                              X