ATF pistol brace regulation los

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATF pistol brace regulation los

Don’t know if this has been posted, but here you go. https://www.ammoland.com/2020/12/atf...#axzz6guOtEk4u

Bad ju-ju on the horizon. Good thing (or so I think) I already have some pre-biden purchases on order. Maybe I'll be grandfathered in or perhaps they were never delivered??

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
      Bad ju-ju on the horizon. Good thing (or so I think) I already have some pre-biden purchases on order. Maybe I'll be grandfathered in or perhaps they were never delivered??

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
      I doubt they grandfather anything. Trump set them loose on the bumpstocks, and now, like so many predicted, they are going nuts on everything .

Comment

Go to Youtube.com and search for Explained: ATF Letter Regarding Pistol Braces. It is from Guns and Gadgets. Looking grim guys and no grandfathering.

Comment

From what I read, 200.00 tax stamp for each lower, possibly 200.00 for each magazine. Two years to register, once that’s up if your caught ( some one turns you in or any thing) and it’s not registered, it will be confiscated. There is supposed to be a “ buy back” policy but have not heard the amount they will pay. Going to try and make .223 and other( assault weapon calibers) brass and bullets next to impossible to get. Magazine capacity limitations sounds likely too. This is going to suck, if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            From what I read, 200.00 tax stamp for each lower, possibly 200.00 for each magazine. Two years to register, once that’s up if your caught ( some one turns you in or any thing) and it’s not registered, it will be confiscated. There is supposed to be a “ buy back” policy but have not heard the amount they will pay. Going to try and make .223 and other( assault weapon calibers) brass and bullets next to impossible to get. Magazine capacity limitations sounds likely too. This is going to suck, if it happens.
            Edit: article answered my question.
            Last edited by basskicker24; 12-17-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              I doubt they grandfather anything. Trump set them loose on the bumpstocks, and now, like so many predicted, they are going nuts on everything .
              I knew Trump was writing a blank check with our rights by that incredibly stupid precedent he set with the bump stock ban. Just wait its going to get worse, I should have voted Jorgensen. My vote was hostage though because the writing was on the wall with this election.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                I knew Trump was writing a blank check with our rights by that incredibly stupid precedent he set with the bump stock ban. Just wait its going to get worse, I should have voted Jorgensen. My vote was hostage though because the writing was on the wall with this election.

The bumpstock ban didn't set this precedent. The ATF has been out of control for decades. They have done worse things than this (on a scale of "wow, that's really screwed up". Not on a scale of number of people affected) simply to single someone out. This post isn't meant to be a defense of Trump, it's meant to point out who the bad guys are. Voting isn't going to fix the problem. We have an out of control bureaucracy that is dug in.
                Last edited by Clay C; 12-17-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  The bumpstock ban didn't set this precedent.
                  What other president has circumvented the legislature via executive order and made Americans felons for owning a chunk of plastic? Not trying to be argumentative I just acknowledge I can always learn something from most anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                    What other president has circumvented the legislature via executive order and made Americans felons for owning a chunk of plastic? Not trying to be argumentative I just acknowledge I can always learn something from most anybody.

As far as executive orders go, i'm not sure. He very well could be the first. My point is that an Executive Order only directs them to do something. The ATF doesn't need an EO to do things like this and past actions show what they are willing and capable of doing. If you don't think the bumpstock ban was already in motion, then you have more faith than I do. It wasn't the first time they've decided something legal one day was illegal the next.

Again, my point isn't in defense of Trump. I was one of the ones on here arguing that it was a terrible order and getting laughed at by the "its just a toy!" derpers. My point is to get people focused on the right thing. We have a bunch of people sitting in virtually un-fireable positions who decided decades ago that they have unlimited power to do as they please. The ATF, regardless of who asks them to, cannot make anything illegal or legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      As far as executive orders go, i'm not sure. He very well could be the first. My point is that an Executive Order only directs them to do something. The ATF doesn't need an EO to do things like this and past actions show what they are willing and capable of doing. If you don't think the bumpstock ban was already in motion, then you have more faith than I do. It wasn't the first time they've decided something legal one day was illegal the next.

Again, my point isn't in defense of Trump. I was one of the ones on here arguing that it was a terrible order and getting laughed at by the "its just a toy!" derpers. My point is to get people focused on the right thing. We have a bunch of people sitting in virtually un-fireable positions who decided decades ago that they have unlimited power to do as they please. The ATF, regardless of who asks them to, cannot make anything illegal or legal.
                      Appreciate the concise response, some folks will never get it. We be in the same boat sir.

Comment

From what I have read and heard the 200 tax stamp would be waived for a period for those grandfathered in to register their weapons. After that window they would have to remove brace, turn in, or destroy. I had 2 pistol ARs and 1 Ruger Charger with a brace on it before I lost them all in a tragic boating accident. But if I still had them I would not be registering them and would leave them configured as is.

Comment

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
                          From what I have read and heard the 200 tax stamp would be waived for a period for those grandfathered in to register their weapons. After that window they would have to remove brace, turn in, or destroy. I had 2 pistol ARs and 1 Ruger Charger with a brace on it before I lost them all in a tragic boating accident. But if I still had them I would not be registering them and would leave them configured as is.
                          Why not put a real stock on them?

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            Why not put a real stock on them?
                            Barrel is too short

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                              Barrel is too short
                              Also it's the wrong color

Comment

Working...
                              X