Butcher block countertops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butcher block countertops

Where is a good place to get these? I know Lowe’s and Home Depot has them. Just wanting to see if there were some other options. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might google search for millworker's in your area and see if they would be willing to get it for you through their suppliers. I am sure the markup they have at Lowes and HD is substantial.

Comment

Tagged, I was actually thinking about picking up a 4'x2' section to build a temporary counter top for the wife this weekend from Home Depot. That would turn into my reloading bench after we remodel the kitchen.

Comment

We installed a beautiful set of these counter tops years ago from a firm in Dripping Springs. Knowing what we had to do to get these ordered and installed NO WAY on this earth would I buy or get them installed EXCEPT from a true cabinet/counter top company, not Lowes or HD! These were beautiful, heavy and had specific instructions to be installed. They delivered them to us in Lubbock, not by freight!

Comment

IKEA.... seriously though

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
            IKEA.... seriously though

As a follow up to a quick Google, it appears all of their products are now wood core w/ laminate now. I bought solid butcher block from them about 5 years ago.

Comment

Woodcraft has birch and maple butcher blocks. Woodcraft.com Stores in Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Ft. Worth. Really interesting stores if you’re into wood working.

Comment

Cabinet's To Go has them.

Comment

I am in the business. Feel free to ask me about anything specific.

Very big difference between anything available at a box store versus having some built for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post

Very big difference between anything available at a box store versus having some built for you.
                    I will highly recommend this man's work right here! After Harvey he installed solid walnut countertops in our kitchen! These pictures aren't the best but almost every person that walks into our house are "wowed" by them! They look fantastic and hes a good guy!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post

Do not know this person, but listen to him and listen closely!

By the way, beautiful work on doug's counters!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                        I will highly recommend this man's work right here! After Harvey he installed solid walnut countertops in our kitchen! These pictures aren't the best but almost every person that walks into our house are "wowed" by them! They look fantastic and hes a good guy!
                        Those are sweet!

I have a couple of huge black walnut trees in the way of a new house and I have a sawmill.

I'm gonna have to study YouTube for some learnin'.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen.

Species of wood is one question you need to answer. The other is construction type (face grain/edge grain/end grain).

Comment

That's what I'll be looking at when I remodel my kitchen. Granite is overdone.

Comment

I have been looking for something along the same lines. I found some semi trailer flooring pretty cheap, but I dont make it to Dallas or Denver very often.

Comment

Working...
                              X