I hate a thief!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate a thief!

Back window smashed out while eating lunch off I45 N in Houston, just outside the north Belt. Had my laptop back mostly hidden under the back seat and dark tinted windows. They still found it.

Restaurant said they have no surveillance cameras, so basically all I can do now is get the window fixed and file a police report. I took the vehicle immediately to the shop as it wasn’t raining at the time (a miracle I guess).

Called HPD to report the crime and get an incident #, they said it was HCSO jurisdiction.

Called HCSO, was on hold 20 minutes before someone picked up. They said sorry, where you are at is outside our jurisdiction, so we cant come take a report. I advised them, I am still in Harris County. They said yes, but you are also in HPD jurisdiction now.

Wait……….what?

That sucks. I had my laptop stolen one time. I was working at a courthouse in some small town in south Texas. I put my laptop in a bag along with some note pads and left it on a table while I stepped inside the clerk's office for just a minute. When I came out, it was gone. Later on, I went to the bathroom and found the bag with the note pads and pens poured out in the garbage, but the laptop was gone. That kind of stuff makes my blood boil. My laptop wasn't even password protected. I guess I won't be running for President after all.

Comment

I think Chew handles all the complaints for the HCSO, you should call him.

Comment

Man that sucks but it insult to injury that they broke the most expensive piece of glass.

Comment

HSCO ‘Can you please drive back to the location of the incident so we can take a report (25 miles away)?’

Me ‘Uh, no, the vehicle is in the shop getting a new window before the next deluge of rain comes and I have even more damage to deal with.’

All I need to do is file a report…….nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

The jurisdiction is - Gunspoint.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              The jurisdiction is - Gunspoint.
              Sucks to hear. Gunspoint is sketchy to say the least.

Comment

Hell you leave anything around that area and they will steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  HSCO ‘Can you please drive back to the location of the incident so we can take a report (25 miles away)?’

Me ‘Uh, no, the vehicle is in the shop getting a new window before the next deluge of rain comes and I have even more damage to deal with.’

All I need to do is file a report…….nothing more, nothing less.
                  PM me your digits and I'll get you a case number and file your report

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

What Restaurant Parking Lot were you in? Hope it gives a Heads up to others eating there or nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

PM inbound

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                        What Restaurant Parking Lot were you in? Hope it gives a Heads up to others eating there or nearby.
                        Mammacita’s, 13000 block of I45 N.

They said they had other break in’s in the area the same day and has been an issue lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Awesome gesture.

Comment

Places don't have cameras so they don't have to deal with it...Easy way out and sucks...and the turds know this.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                              That sucks. I had my laptop stolen one time. I was working at a courthouse in some small town in south Texas. I put my laptop in a bag along with some note pads and left it on a table while I stepped inside the clerk's office for just a minute. When I came out, it was gone. Later on, I went to the bathroom and found the bag with the note pads and pens poured out in the garbage, but the laptop was gone. That kind of stuff makes my blood boil. My laptop wasn't even password protected. I guess I won't be running for President after all.
                              Depends on what party..

Comment

Working...
                              X