Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
    Well our trip has been canceled. If anyone has a trip booked with the VI this year, you may need to find something else to do that week.

Luckily we were able to pull off a couple of nights bow fishing and some inshore stuff around venice. At this point I just hoping to get our deposit back.
    What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      What happened?
      Long story, but I guess Bobby sold his share to robby? Anyways, the boat hasn't been to the islands this year due to needing some repairs, and Robbys communication was nonexistent. We got lucky and figured this out 3 weeks before our trip, but according to the guy that runs the diversion, people have been showing up to Biloxi all year with no boat to fish on. Shtty situation, but we are going to re book with a different charter for next year, and I have no problems putting the VI on blast for the next few years if he ever gets the boat fixed.

Comment

Long story, but I guess Bobby sold his share to robby? Anyways, the boat hasn't been to the islands this year due to needing some repairs, and Robbys communication was nonexistent. We got lucky and figured this out 3 weeks before our trip, but according to the guy that runs the diversion, people have been showing up to Biloxi all year with no boat to fish on. Shtty situation, but we are going to re book with a different charter for next year, and I have no problems putting the VI on blast for the next few years if he ever gets the boat fixed.
        Dang. What a crock. Sorry to hear this.

Comment

That sucks! Glad yall found some other stuff to do.

Comment

Headed to Walmart to get crappie hooks, corks, stink bait and treble hooks. I'm assuming we can buy minnows on the dock?

Looking forward to it.

Comment

2 years ago we were loaded on the VI and the generator broke and we had to drive home. Never left port. I learned then those crew guys swap from one boat to another often and there isn't a lot of loyalty between them.

One guy who was on another boat talked 9lbs of trash about the VI yet was the cook on it my next trip.

If memory serves me right Robby is the son of a man who owned both the 3 and the 6. His other brother runs the 3 and robby leased the boat cause he couldn't stay out of jail.

Either way that's bad bidness

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Headed to Walmart to get crappie hooks, corks, stink bait and treble hooks. I'm assuming we can buy minnows on the dock?

Looking forward to it.
                This is saltwater. Make sure you get the fishing rod that's as big around as a broom handle, the 5 gallon bucket sized spinning reel, and the biggest hooks you can find.

Comment

Looking forward to it.
                  All you need are breadballs for bait!

Comment

Gonna be epic!!

Comment

Looking forward to it.
                      Don't forget the worms!

Comment

On our trip 2 years ago we had a great trip. As we were loading up to head in the generator went out and one engine died. We limped back in. The next group ended up getting turned down because the boat was not working. Our crew was great 2 young kids and a old grumpy cook that was dam good. Reports after that all stank as they changed crew. I think the kids name was Austin. If he’s a captain down there find the boat he is working in he was great

Comment

It's the 3 day charter skiff license we need, correct?

Comment

Looking forward to it.

They will let anybody in Louisiana it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              They will let anybody in Louisiana it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Spent about 10 summers there growing up. I've tried to stay away but the siren call is too strong.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                                On our trip 2 years ago we had a great trip. As we were loading up to head in the generator went out and one engine died. We limped back in. The next group ended up getting turned down because the boat was not working. Our crew was great 2 young kids and a old grumpy cook that was dam good. Reports after that all stank as they changed crew. I think the kids name was Austin. If he’s a captain down there find the boat he is working in he was great
                                Austin is a good dude. I have a message out to him now to see where he ended up

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X