Need Value for Rusted Tin Roof Sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Value for Rusted Tin Roof Sheets

I know some folks use these for decoration on inside walls, ceilings, etc.
    I have some that are 26.5"x18'. I have over 30 sheets. They were on an old barn I demoed. They have nail holes in them. I had a contractor tell me they go for $40 a sheet. That seems high to me but just needing opinions before I list them for sale.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	25252309

Click image for larger version

Name:	tin2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	25252310

I don't know but I would guess closer to $4 a sheet than $40. If I had a contractor tell me that I would have told them that they were in luck and sold them every piece at $20. If you find anyone at $40 and they need some more please let me know. I will fix them up......

-john

Comment

Seemed high to me too but maybe he was quoting what he charges the customers on his builds. IDK.

Comment

I’d think $5-$10 each depending on dings, dents and such. I would definitely advertise it as rustic tin ready for a gameroom or man cave.

Comment

We paid $3 a sheet for a bunch when we were building our barn.

I've seen people "trying" to sell it for $10 a foot.

For 18' sheets, I'd say $10-15 a sheet would be good for you and the buyer.

Comment

$10 a sheet is fair, That's was I paid for mine a few years back and I think they where 10 or 12 foot sheets.
            Last edited by Bassdeer; 07-01-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Have you seen how much they cost new? For 18’ sheets I think you could easily get $20 a piece. If not, cut em half and sell for $10/sheet. People prob feel like they’re getting a better deal then.

Comment

They are worth what someone will pay.

I needed some but refused to pay for it. Ended up getting it free

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I paid a $1.00 a foot last year for some.

Comment

I see them online for $1/ft a lot. I have seen some ppl asking 1.50/ft more recently

Comment

Thanks guys. That gives me a starting point.

Comment

I might be interested depending on your price, where are you located?

Comment

I bought 75 sheets earlier this year for a project. They were 18' long and the small ridges. I paid $20 a sheet and got help loading them. I was able to choose my sheets and they were in great shape.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

$1 a foot tops. I can buy new and distress it overnight and not deal with all the holes and dents

Comment

Just sold $300 today. I get $1 foot. $1.25 if they cull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X