No announcement yet.

I never say I wish it'd stop raining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody has their reasons for wanting more or less rain. It seems like most of the time it's excess one way or the other. Right now, we really need it to stop as it is killing our business. I think most in the construction industry are wanting a break right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      If you really hunted in the panhandle that much, you’d know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This was my exact thought.

Comment

Send it to Northwest San Saba County. My stock ponds are nowhere near full

Comment

What’s disappointing to me is all this moisture aggravation and hardly anything went into the watershed. Falcon lake at 260, Its not getting where its needed

Comment

Dang I need to cut hay and can't hardly even walk in the field without bogging down to my ankles. And we are supposed to get a lot more rain this weekend.

Comment

Went by a wheat field yesterday and in another 3-4 days the weeds are gonna overtake the wheat. Too wet to combine.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Itll dry up soon enough.

Spread that **** around Ma!
                As a wise man once said, “You can control a flood, but you can’t control
                A drought.”

Comment

I’ll say it... I’m ready for it to stop!!

Comment

If you really hunted in the panhandle that much, you’d know that.
                    3”s total for the month of May which is great but hasn’t even made a dent in filling the tanks in Briscoe county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      As a wise man once said, “You can control a flood, but you can’t control
                      A drought.”

Houston, Louisiana and any town along the Mississpp would like to speak with that wise man.....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Houston, Louisiana and any town along the Mississpp would like to speak with that wise man.....
                        Lol. That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                          I don't agree. It comes from us who have to go months on end waiting for rain. The year after the drought I went 118 days without a drop in the summer.
                          Yep, I’d take this rain over 2011 any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                            Yep, I’d take this rain over 2011 any day.
                            Ain't that the truth

Comment

We took over 6" between 9 pm and 2 am Monday night. Bridges washing out, road damage, etc.......

But I know when it quits, its going to quit until October....... So we count our blessings and know hay will get cut later......

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                It’s been raining like this in my neck of the woods since before Harvey. I’ve been cussing the rain for 6-7 years now. Maybe I need to start wishing for it to bring on a drought. Lol. The never cuss the rain thing comes from city slickers in the DFW/Austin area who worry about keeping their yard green.
                                The saying comes from folks out in West Texas "where we see a whole lot more dry ones than we do wet ones."
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X