Food plot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food plot question

I sprayed the ground Wed w weed killer. I usually wait until it turns brown before I disc. Since they are calling for several chances of rain next week I would like to get the seeds out. Will it matter if I go ahead and disc and plant?

It likely won’t have a good kill at all

Comment

Yeah, that was my concern. I wasn't sure how long it normally took to completely die out. I'm probably spinning my wheels anyway, dang pigs will be all over it lol.

Comment

If you disk it they will be. lol

9-14 days is when I get a kill that I will shred or disk (when I disked)

Comment

once you disc, its going to stir up more seed and weeds will grow. You should disc, wait for weeds to sprout and then plant. Or you can just broadcast in there once these weeds die off and mow down the existing stuff that you terminated.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
            I sprayed the ground Wed w weed killer. I usually wait until it turns brown before I disc. Since they are calling for several chances of rain next week I would like to get the seeds out. Will it matter if I go ahead and disc and plant?
            You can spray and plant an hour later, its not going to hurt the seeds.

Comment

I would not spray and then disk. Double work for the same goal in mind.

Comment

Wait.

Comment

Food plot question

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                  You can spray and plant an hour later, its not going to hurt the seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am heading to the ranch early in the morning to disc up about 25 acres of a wheat field, going to plant milo and maybe a wildlife mix for birds, trying to beat the rain.

Comment

Working...
                    X