No announcement yet.

No mask arrest Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mask is not the law. Refusing to leave private property when asked is- I have no problem with her not wearing a mask or you. I do have a problem and so does Tx Penal Code if asked to leave by representative of property and you remain on premise.

Comment

ahah .. roll back a couple of years ago and you would have probably be face in the ground or shot for wearing a mask in a bank ... BOA best be glad , had she been black , that bank would have been burned to the ground by now .

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Shovel- makes sense- now take that filter and touch it multiple times- grab the inside after you use it- use it today then put it on with your hands multiple times. Now take your hands and handle whatever it is behind your filter. Now test and see how big of particulate you have behind the filter. When was the last time you were in a store and did not see someone grab, touch, handle their mask and them touch products?

That is why even N95 masks dont work.
        You are absolutely correct as far as protection goes: any mask is useless if you're just going to slather dirty hands all over your face when donning/removing your mask.

But IF you have the virus, multilayer cloth masks will reduce the viral load you're spraying around when you breathe/talk/etc, regardless of how you handled them.

Comment

BOA leases the pad site. They dont own the land they are on, they lease it from Weingarten.

So where does the private property line start exactly?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            The mask is not the law. Refusing to leave private property when asked is- I have no problem with her not wearing a mask or you. I do have a problem and so does Tx Penal Code if asked to leave by representative of property and you remain on premise.
            Do you think if a conservative business owner told people to take masks off and they didn’t comply that the media would let him use his private property rights to have them arrested. I don’t!!! And thats my whole point about all of this!! Liberals motto is to do as i say not as I do! And if the role was reversed i would bet the problem would then turn on the private property owner. The media would label that business a homophobe, bigot, racist, whatever else they could find. Prove me wrong??

Comment

john- I think if a business owner had that rule of no masks. He told the people to leave and they didnt then the Officer would do exactly what this Officer did. Once told to leave in his presence he explains consequences and then tells folks to leave. Refuse = goto jail for criminal trespass- Cant speak for the media or what they will do

Comment

If a patron pays for a service (bank fees in this case) and are refused service by the company, isnt it theft of service?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                  You sure do talk a lot about the law but don’t recognize that the mask issue was never a law, wasnt legislated, or anything like that. How is that viewed by you?
                  The mask executive order on masks was legal. Whether you agree with it or not, it was still lawful. Yes it was legislated. But I know, people read otherwise on the Internet.

I have posted the law so many times on so many forums but I can post it again if you really wish to see it. For some reason I feel like you will not believe it even if you see it in writing.

This trespassing arrest had nothing to do with the mask mandate which was removed. It is nothing more than private property rights. It seems like everybody wants to have private property rights for any reason that they wish… Unless it is about a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    Many people are confused by this and really think these mandates were laws.
                    The confusion comes from people that have not read the law so they assume it must be false. Yes the mask mandates are a law.

Suggested reading might be the Texas Government Code, chapter 418 on emergency management which specifically states why it is a criminal law.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwayn34 View Post
                      Do you think if a conservative business owner told people to take masks off and they didn’t comply that the media would let him use his private property rights to have them arrested. I don’t!!! And thats my whole point about all of this!! Liberals motto is to do as i say not as I do! And if the role was reversed i would bet the problem would then turn on the private property owner. The media would label that business a homophobe, bigot, racist, whatever else they could find. Prove me wrong??

I’ve seen some gun stores that have no mask signs on their doors.

Amazing some of you guys can’t see the forest for the trees; or in this case the trespassing issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                        If a patron pays for a service (bank fees in this case) and are refused service by the company, isnt it theft of service?

No because she can still access her money through the drive through or ATM.

Since you don’t appear to believe in private property rights, would it be ok if she walked in there nekkid?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          BOA leases the pad site. They dont own the land they are on, they lease it from Weingarten.

So where does the private property line start exactly?
                          Ownership of the land is meaningless. If that was true and you rented a home or apartment to live in, you would have no control over your residence because you don’t own it, you only rent or lease it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            No because she can still access her money through the drive through or ATM.

Since you don’t appear to believe in private property rights, would it be ok if she walked in there nekkid?

Maybe next they will require us to wear nothing but a mask in order to go into their store...

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                              The mask executive order on masks was legal. Whether you agree with it or not, it was still lawful. Yes it was legislated. But I know, people read otherwise on the Internet.

I have posted the law so many times on so many forums but I can post it again if you really wish to see it. For some reason I feel like you will not believe it even if you see it in writing.

This trespassing arrest had nothing to do with the mask mandate which was removed. It is nothing more than private property rights. It seems like everybody wants to have private property rights for any reason that they wish… Unless it is about a mask.
                              Post it up, lets see it

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                                What's a shame is that folks don't have the common sense to follow the rules of a private business. Officer gave her plenty of opportunity to go outside and discuss it peacefully, but she decided to put on a show, act like a fool and resist arrest. No sympathy from me.
                                I am 100% for private businesses setting their own policies, however all that becomes very murky when they are REQUIRED to post Covid warnings and mask mandates on their front doors.

Obviously not the case in this circumstance, but it is in many places.

Comment

Working...
                                X