Cold weather in perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold weather in perspective

Since Friday I was miserable cold @ H of 15* , was dressed as a artic adventure
    Today @38* was feeling hot in a pull over while outside checking water and feeding
    I guess it’s put me in prospective as usually @ 38-40* I would be thinking it was miserable

Oh yeah, my Colorado relatives would say this this was a nice day.

Comment

I just hung up with my boss who is in Bergen Norway. It was 1F here at the farm yesterday when we woke up
      My boss said that’s colder than the coldest day they have on record there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just snowshoed down to feed the deer. I was hot and sweating by the time I got back up to the house. This has been our warmest day in two weeks. It felt good !!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I told my wife the same thing earlier. I was outside for most of the day Monday so today it feels like I could be in shorts and short sleeve shirt

Comment

Tell me about it! After spending the last 8 years in Northern Illinois right at the Wisconsin boarder I thought getting back to South Texas would be so nice, but alas, that cold followed me!!

Comment

We got a couple more inches of snow last night , but warmed up to about 25 so I got out and filled up some feeders. 25 with light winds is glorious compared to single digits and below zero windchills all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I once spent 10 days in NE, MN, WI & IA. It rose above 0 once during that period and it felt balmy that day. The day we left it snowed the night before, I shoveled my wife’s grandfather’s drive the next morning in -4° wearing a wool sweater, no coat.

Yeah you get acclimated

Comment

A client of mine based out of Anchorage, AK said it was the same temp there as it was in Central TX.

Comment

I remember visiting my grandparents home in South Dakota in the winter when I was about 10 years old. Snow banks as high as the roof. We made tunnels and snowmen. I know we wore snow boots and mittens and it was all fun. Didn’t seem like it was as cold then as it has been the last few days here. Funny how you don’t react to the cold like that when you are children.

Comment

Working...
                    X