Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's not coons, squirrels, crows, it's now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Only those aren’t grackles. Those are regular old blackbirds. When I was a kid we used to shoot em by the hundreds and eat ‘em. They are similar looking to grackles but are grain-eaters and are quite good to eat. They also don’t have the long kite-like tail that a male grackle has. Females do look almost the same.
    Especially the speckled ones out of rice fields in the winter. 2-3 shots and your pot is full of breasts

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Put those breast in a gumbo. You won't know the difference between that and a dove if they are grain fed
      Cajuns will eat anything! While in College I spent a lot of time in Cajun Country with a good friend of mine. One trip I spent his dad was making some kind of stir fry/dirty rice. Was great!!! I asked him what is this? Nutria Rat he responds. 19 year old me laughs and says no really what is this. He took me outside to show me the remains of Nutria Rats he butchered.

Comment

It's all good if it makes a gravy

Comment

Pellet gun

Comment

S.S. is correct not grackles. Grackles are nasty bastages. They remind me of buzzards. Grackles mostly hang out in Walmart parking lots scavenging on everything from McDonald's fries to discarded diapers.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot one and hang it upside down near the feeder.. they wont come back. It worked for me after a old timer told me to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by OLIVER65 View Post
                Shoot one and hang it upside down near the feeder.. they wont come back. It worked for me after a old timer told me to do it.
                My dad told us that years ago also, We have tried it many times and it ain’t worked once. They don’t care how many dead ones we hang. If they want the seed, they don’t care.

Comment

I had the same issue at my place in Rocksprings last year. I had crows though not grackles. Dang crows were keeping everything away from the feeder. I put up an owl from TS and problem was solved overnight. Haven’t had a single crow at my feeder ever since lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
                    They been hitting our feeders in Leon co it doesn’t take them long to clean up the corn and make the cameras go crazy
                    Yep. Just put another cell cam up and they’re blowing him my phone!

Comment

Working...
                    X