Boykin breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boykin breed

Does anyone have a Boykin and is there anyone on here that breeds them? Looking for one for my boys.

Are they good a hunting/tracking/retrieving?

They are AWESOME!!! He loves my son and is my son’s guardian. Great hunting dog. My friend breeds his but sold all of his newest litter. Just like any breed they have their quirks. Super hyper for the 1 year.

Comment

Ok. Are there any breeders in the northeastern Texas area?

Comment

I got my male about 4 months ago and he has been a great dog so far. I got him from my brother, he had female who had a litter. They are super highly energetic dogs, and very very loyal and clingy. Don't ever plan on having any alone time or go anywhere without them right beside you. They will be your shadow no matter what youre doing lol.

As far as breeders, I dont think they are a super popular dog in texas as they are over in Georgia and the Carolina's. Pretty popular breed over in that area. Lots of people make long drives to pick them up.

There is a Facebook page called Boykin Spaniel Lovers that has litters for sale on them pretty often.

Comment

Have you tried your Googler? There is one in Lufkin.

Comment

I’ve hunted over one here the last three seasons. She is an amazing dog. Gonna miss her as much as my buddy when he moves this year. Can’t help you in a breeder in TX, but good luck in your search. I’m going to add one in two years to compliment my lab.

Best retrieve I’ve seen was a 28# Boykin bring a greater Canada goose back in the free flowing Yellowstone River. That water was moving, but that little machine brought that goose in, and it was probably 1/3 her weight. Great dogs!

Comment

I bought mine from a breeder in south Louisiana (around Sulfur I believe).
              I absolutely love my Boykin, but she’s 6 and still wired for sound. She’s definitely loyal to a fault, and I will definitely get another one when the time comes.

Comment

Sounds like a great dog. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Go to the Boykin Spaniel Breeders Facebook page (link below). All litters are Boykin Spaniel Society Registered, and all litter postings are approved by the admins of the page to make sure health testing was done on the litters. Be careful with any other Facebook pages announcing Boykin litters, as none of the other pages care if any testing was done on the litter announcements.

This group is for Boykin Spaniel Breeders to post current or future breedings. People keep asking where to find breedings and hopefully this group will be able to help people find the right pup and...

Comment

Here is a list of breeders to do research. Start here and then do your research. I don't mind driving for a dog since I only get a new one every 10 years.
                    https://www.gundogbreeders.com/breed...oykin-spaniel/

Comment

ClayW on here has one or two and I think Mary is/was a boykin owner as well. I love them but don't have one yet.

Comment

never heard of those dogs before. After looking them up, look like a lab with an afro

Comment

Lots of helpful links already posted.

I've got one. Fun little dogs with a lot of personality.

If coat matters to you, make sure to take a look at the parents as the coats can be all over the board. Some get afros and crazy curly hair. Mine's pretty straight in general but it can get a little curly when wet.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X