Patagonia M/T tires?

Ok I run BFGoodrich products and have for 30+ years
    Only need a opinion on the milstar Patagonia M/T
    Mileage, ride , ect
    They are $500- 700 cheaper
    May stick with BFGoodrich, or some Genrals, or even faulkland
    I am familiar with most brands so this isn’t a major brand debate
    Just hope y’all have some opinions on these

Sorry, no, but have heard decent things about the Falken AT3W. (You mentioned Falken/“Faulkland”...

Comment

I haven’t ran those but have ran the federal mt . Had them on a 3/4 and got good mileage out of them . I had close to 35k on them before I totaled the truck . Tires still had a lot of life left in them .they cost me 800 out the door .

Comment

Patagonia M/T tires?

I literally just put those on my taco. I have about 1000 miles on them and so far no complaints. They are awesome in the mud so far. Not near as noisy as I thought they would be. I wouldn’t see why they wouldn’t work on a jeep or light truck. Mileage is still TBD

That’s all I have for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
          I literally just put those on my taco. I have about 1000 miles on them and so far no complaints. They are awesome in the mud so far. Not near as noisy as I thought they would be. I wouldn’t see why they wouldn’t work on a jeep or light truck. Mileage is still TBD

That’s all I have for now.

Going on a 2014 K1500 so should be ok
          My taco was super good on tires 78k out of a set of Firestone a/t dang my wife talked the family into trade in for a Tahoe

Comment

My dad runs them on a 4x4 dodge 3/4 ton feed truck seem to be good for the price. No complaints. But I did just get a new set of Sumitomos on my truck to replace a set of ko2s that I only got 20,000 miles out of.

Comment

I found this but don’t know who wrote it

Milestar takes their tougher cut and chip resistant tread compound and matches it up to a high-void tread pattern and 3-ply sidewall. (on select sizes) The results are a tire that confidently goes through the roughest terrain, whether it be rocks, gravel, mud or anything else for that matter.

Milestar Patagonia M/T Tire Review

The higher tread voids allow the Milestar MT to self-clean much better than we anticipated. Built-in stone ejectors kick out the rocks and other debris for added performance off-road.

The Patagonia M/T features a staggered tread block design and alternating notched shoulder lugs that further increase traction on or off-road. The tires’ biting edges and unique sipe design aid in providing more than capable traction on wet or snow covered road surfaces, which is an area often mentioned in driver reviews as well.

Milestar offers a number of different 15-20 inch sizes in both LT and flotation models. A limited tread warranty is also provided.

Pros

Aggressive tread design looks great on any truck
              Good all-around off-road performance
              Surprisingly quieter and smoother ride on the street
              Value and performance for the lower cost
              Cons

Tread may wear faster than expected for some
              Overall Thoughts

Although Milestar may not be a familiar name to everyone, they have been making some very good lower-priced tires for many years now, with this Patagonia MT being no exception. Performance on this tire is somewhat surprising. It will take you over any terrain without putting up a fight.

Comment

We put a set of 33’s under my son’s jeep TJ. Two of them were dang near unbalanceable. Like 8 or 9 ounces, even after spinning the tire on the wheel and load force balancing. Didn’t wear for crap, either. Noticeable wear with less than 10 k miles.

Comment

I guess some general grabbers x3 mt ?

Comment

The Falken Wildpeak MT’s are very good tires for MT’s. The Falken AT3W’s are excellent AT tires. I do a lot of off-roading up in Colorado and the E rated AT3W’s have performed really well in some extreme terrain. They are super quite on the highway as well. I’ve had them aired down to 15psi on non-beadlock wheels and never had an issue.

Comment

Ok frustration with my two tire dealers
                      Both have set doubt about me buying a set of general grabber X3 mt saying that they are super loud and wear is horrible
                      Both really want me in a set of BFGoodrich A/T k2 ( note I have 1 brand new one because of a manufacturer defect blowout ) so they priced me out for 3 new
                      Discount tires has my records going back 20 years and say stick with what I know
                      Both places want to sell me 3 BFGoodrich for same price as 4 grabber X3
                      I really wanted to change the look of the truck to mud terrain
                      But with both telling me how much of a mistake switching to M/T from A/T would be now I am confused about M/T being really horrible on a 1/2 ton working truck

Comment

Don’t be afraid to switch it up. Most tires made by known brands are at least decent; and most tire dealers offer some kind of mileage warranty/proration if the tires wear out too soon.

Comment

In the end they are salesmen. They probably have a bigger margin on the AT tires. Or they are actually honest and want you to get the most miles out of your tires. The mud tires will completely change the way your truck looks. Always for the better in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            Ok frustration with my two tire dealers
                            Both have set doubt about me buying a set of general grabber X3 mt saying that they are super loud and wear is horrible
                            Both really want me in a set of BFGoodrich A/T k2 ( note I have 1 brand new one because of a manufacturer defect blowout ) so they priced me out for 3 new
                            Discount tires has my records going back 20 years and say stick with what I know
                            Both places want to sell me 3 BFGoodrich for same price as 4 grabber X3
                            I really wanted to change the look of the truck to mud terrain
                            But with both telling me how much of a mistake switching to M/T from A/T would be now I am confused about M/T being really horrible on a 1/2 ton working truck
                            I just took a set of ko2s off my truck that were bald at 20,000 miles

Comment

Go with the MT for sure. I love the BFG MT’s but I’m currently running the Firestone Destination MT’s on my F-350. Set of 4 installed plus warranty for $1250

Comment

Working...
                              X