2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeholley View Post
    Headed out 5o see if the cam survived now.
    Good luck. I think we will head out Sunday to see if I can get my daughter a deer. I'm hoping everyone will have gotten it out of their system by Saturday evening.

Comment

Not much of a duck hunter but man the boys was throwing it at’em on that pond in 21 last Sunday. Were any of y’all a part of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not me but I could hear them close by.

Comment

hunting lbj for the first time ks there anything I should know?

Comment

Originally posted by snorlaxyay View Post
            hunting lbj for the first time ks there anything I should know?

Have you gotten a copy of the rules and regulations? Along with a map?

Comment

Camera Survived
              Attached Files

Comment

Do still hunters really think they can sneak up on deer while talking to each other on walkie talkies from 100yrds apart?

Comment

Freaking *******s screwing up the woods for everybody

Comment

Do still hunters really think they can sneak up on deer while talking to each other on walkie talkies from 100yrds apart?
                    May want to introduce them to these new fangled phones. They have some kind of text service as I understand it. I quit using walkie talkies 10 years ago except when no service. There's also things called ear buds with microphones.

Some people don't know any better
                    Some people are just playing at hunting
                    Some people are actually trying to ruin the hunting
                    Then there are those that are just jerks.
                    I'd put the percentages at 40, 25, 5, & 10.

The other 20%, who the heck knows. Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

Just part of hunting public lands.

Comment

Freaking *******s screwing up the woods for everybody
                        Did you spend the day in the woods or at work?

Because if you spent it in the woods it was a good day.

Comment

Lol I'm aware it's part of it. Just dont understand some people's train of thought. You could imagine their faces when I finally yelled at them to shut up and hunt. I thought they were going to run right out of their skin.

Comment

I promptly moved on to the next spot and left the morons to figure it out

Comment

Hunted some new areas and placed some cameras this afternoon. Very windy. Didn't see anything moving.

Talked to some other hunters that said one of the LBJ lakes had five groups of duck hunters on it.. Can you think of any lake up there that would support 5 groups? That's insane. Five groups shooting at the same 10 ringnecks that decide to land there. I hunted Black Creek Lake back in the late 60s and early 70s. It was crowded then if there were two groups on it.

Group 2 setting up maybe but when group 3 showed up I'd be telling them to go elsewhere.

Drove through some of the burned units. It looks to me like they have more to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                Hunted some new areas and placed some cameras this afternoon. Very windy. Didn't see anything moving.

Talked to some other hunters that said one of the LBJ lakes had five groups of duck hunters on it.. Can you think of any lake up there that would support 5 groups? That's insane. Five groups shooting at the same 10 ringnecks that decide to land there. I hunted Black Creek Lake back in the late 60s and early 70s. It was crowded then if there were two groups on it.

Group 2 setting up maybe but when group 3 showed up I'd be telling them to go elsewhere.

Drove through some of the burned units. It looks to me like they have more to do.
                                Can't think of anything big enough for 5 groups but that has never stopped anybody from setting up 50-100 yards apart before. Black Creek maybe but even it isn't large enough to handle 5 groups. At least not 5 groups with good setups for wind and where they ducks want to be. Then there is that whole not being allowed to hunt on black creek lake to begin with now. I am sure it was probably one of the always busy yet never that good spots. I am not going to throw lake names out there even if they are heavily hunted into the ground already. This is why I leave duck hunting on LBJ to others. The bodies of water I hunt have enough issues as it is. No reason to add the LBJ frustrations to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X