X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
    Not from LBJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But those are lipping size bluegills. I have fairly large hands, extra large gloves are usually pretty tight so the pics do not do justice. I could stick 2 or 3 fingers in some of those jokers [emoji105].

Comment

Got some good fishing today on public land trying out our night crawlers. Been raising them for about 3 months now. They are tough little jokers. Instead of the one bite/one worm crap you get at the store. We were catching 3-5 fish per worm. The pics don’t do justice. Caught 30 or more fish in 2 hours. They were some good bluegills. Lipping size.

Nice! Bluegills are always a blast.

Comment

Those are warmouth. They can get pretty big.

Comment

I always called those rock bass.

Comment

I got it done tonight boys! I was hoping for some horns but there's still plenty of season left. The setup worked great. I would have been embarrassed if someone had seen me in this stand but I felt like this tree was the one I needed to be in. I've heard some guys talking about setting up close to ground if the situation calls for it, so I gave it a try tonight. The tree had good back cover, trunk was wide for me to blend in to, branches hung down to cover me up and still allow for some shooting lanes and the grass/plant in front of me broke up my silhouette from the ground. This lone doe came out at 6pm on the trail I was hoping for. She was at about 25 yards and mulled around a bit. I could hear another deer coming through the timber into the field but it never showed. I couldn't pass up the doe at 15 yards while she was munching acorns. Deer were on their feet tonight. And I played around with some milkweed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great work Troy! Congrats.

Comment

Nice job dude. I am finished sleeping for the night so I am heading back out this morning to catch em up moving before the storm

Comment

Congrats. That looks like the same tree I was in a couple of weeks ago. I had a doe inside 7 yards but no shot. We use the trees delt us. Good job.

Comment

Not from LBJ

Ok. Just say-n a lot of those little tanks and ponds got fish.

Comment

Congrats!!! I haven't done much evening hunting yet this season but seems to be productive for those that have. May have to give an afternoon sit a try once the weather breaks for a few hours. I thought the storms would have been working through by now but looks like may be holding off from the looks of the radar. Either way I'm hoping that temperature drop the next two days gets them moving out by me.
                      Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                      I got it done tonight boys! I was hoping for some horns but there's still plenty of season left. The setup worked great. I would have been embarrassed if someone had seen me in this stand but I felt like this tree was the one I needed to be in. I've heard some guys talking about setting up close to ground if the situation calls for it, so I gave it a try tonight. The tree had good back cover, trunk was wide for me to blend in to, branches hung down to cover me up and still allow for some shooting lanes and the grass/plant in front of me broke up my silhouette from the ground. This lone doe came out at 6pm on the trail I was hoping for. She was at about 25 yards and mulled around a bit. I could hear another deer coming through the timber into the field but it never showed. I couldn't pass up the doe at 15 yards while she was munching acorns. Deer were on their feet tonight. And I played around with some milkweed.
                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                        Nice work. Big ole doe! Amazing what you accomplished just off the ground like that. Great job, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Ok. Just say-n a lot of those little tanks and ponds got fish.

Nice to know. We fished one up here with no luck. Gonna keep trying. Been set up since 6AM. No movement yet. Ut has been getting colder the whole time I have been here. Should have wore some long johns.

Comment

Nice to know. We fished one up here with no luck. Gonna keep trying. Been set up since 6AM. No movement yet. Ut has been getting colder the whole time I have been here. Should have wore some long johns.

I was just kicking myself for not making it out. Seems perfect. First shot into the target was trash so maybe it's a good thing i stayed in... rain looks like it'll hold off for at least another couple of hours then another gap 1 to 5 or so. Temps should drop 20° over a 24 hour span. That with the storms clearing up should get them moving mañana!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Gosh D&$@ swirling ***** wind got me busted 3 times. Sat at 1st set for the 1st hour of Sunrise. Saw nothing. Moved into the wind along a ridge just far enough down so I would not get skylighted about 300 yards to my other spot. I literally had to go up and around a big cedar, when I did the wind switched and a doe jumped up in the downside of the big cedar. Blew and ran down the ridge into the woods. Got to my 2nd set up, got set in the chair, pulled out my clippers clipped a couple of briars that were rubbing my leg making noise, the wind swirled and another doe got up 30 yards upwind (should have been downwind) and just walked off looking back at me. Wind started swirling so much. I thght to myself, I cant do this, every freaking deer in the unit is gonna smell me. Got up, packed up, got up to high ground so I could walk around the fence and a larger bodied buck (downwind) was high taking across the field. Not a large rack but big body. I laughed and cried a-bit on The way out. Hog sign, fresh rooting, tracks, buck and doe tracks everywhere. Especially around the fire breaks.

Comment

Been sitting in the truck for about 15 minutes eating some Halloween candy and it is starting to rain pretty heavy. Gonna try to get it again this afternoon if it breaks.

Comment

Working...
                                X