Got my first bow kill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my first bow kill!

Killed my first animal with a crossbow this past weekend in Hardin Co., took Friday off from work and got to the lease pretty late Thursday night. Went out Friday after the morning hunt and started looking for new places to hang a feeder in the trees and put up a climber stand. Finally found the place I wanted (saw huge buck tracks) so I set up shop there, set the feeder to throw 2 times a day for 4 seconds each just to try and lure in some deer. Went out to the climber Saturday afternoon about 2:00pm and decided to sit til sundown. About 5:15 I saw a doe run across the tree line about 300 yards down, sat still waiting for her to work her way to my feeder. She never made it that far, I began to lose hope at around 6 as the sun started to go down and only had about 30 minutes of shooting light left. Just as I decided I would start packing up to go back to camp I heard limbs and twigs cracking, I slowly turned my head to the lane behind me and there stood a small frame 7 pt. I figured he surely saw me since he stared right at me. I sat as still as I could and waited for him to not look at me so I could pick up my bow, he cut through a patch of trees and eased towards my feeder. I let him feed for a minute to make sure he was going to stay and then I let the arrow fly about 25 yards. Straight heart shot. I watched him run down the lane about 50 yards and fall right over. I know I didn’t kill the biggest buck in East Texas but I feel pretty successful landing a good, clean shot on my first game animal. I guess you can say I’m partially addicted now. CANT GET PICTURE TO POST FROM MY PHONE SORRY

Well congratulations!

Comment

good job!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

thats awesome....congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Where in Hardin County were you?

Comment

Awesome!!!! Congrats and we are proud of you!

Comment

Originally posted by dkrank View Post
                    Where in Hardin County were you?
                    Votaw

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice