Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

This week will begin the new cycle of reading the scriptures from Genesis to Revelation in one year. The last portion we read concluded the seventh biblical appointed time known as Feast of Tabernacles or Sukkot. My prayer and hope is that those reading the daily portions receive, learn and understand the scripture as it was intended from the beginning to end. As servants we have been commanded to learn in order to teach Yahweh's Word to others. Learning by allowing the scripture to define scripture thus by the wisdom of Elohim not by man's traditions/doctrines or own understanding. May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, bless you with ears to hear and eyes to see.

Daily Bible Portion - 1 of 7
    "IN THE BEGINNING"

(Weekly Reading>>Genesis 1:1-6:8, Isaiah 42:5-21, John 1:1-18)

Creation - Declaring the End from the Beginning

God (Yahweh/Elohim) declared:

“Who has performed and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I, Yahweh, am the first [aleph – the Torah]; and with the last [tav – the New Testament] I am He” (Isaiah 41:4).

“Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Yahweh of hosts: ‘I am the First [Aleph– the Torah] and I am the Last [Tav – the New Testament]; besides Me there is no God’” (Isaiah 44:6).

“Listen to Me, O Jacob, and Israel, My [whom I am] called: I am He, I am the First [Aleph– the Torah], I am also the Last [Tav – the New Testament]. Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, and My right hand has stretched out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand up together” (Isaiah 48:12-13).

Jesus (Yeshua) declared:

“I am the Alpha [Aleph– the Torah] and the Omega [Tav – the New Testament], the First [Aleph – the Torah] and the Last [Tav– the New Testament]” (Revelation 1:11).

“I am the First [Aleph– the Torah] and the Last [Tav – the New Testament]. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death” (Revelation 1:17-18).

“I am the Alpha [Aleph– the Torah] and the Omega [Tav – the New Testament], the Beginning [Aleph– the Torah] and the End [Tav – the New Testament], the First [Aleph– the Torah] and the Last [Tav - the New Testament]. Blessed are those who do His commandments [Torah], that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city” (Revelation 22:13-14, 16).

In The Beginning

Genesis 1:1-2 “In the beginning God/Elohim [the intensification of all power] created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God/Elohim was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, ‘Let there be light’; and there was light.”

Yeshua/Jesus = The Spoken Word of Yahweh

Proverbs 8:22-24 “Yahweh possessed [acquired/one who brings forth] me [Jesus/Yeshua] at the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I have been established from everlasting, from the beginning, before there was ever an earth. When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no fountains abounding with water.”

Revelation 3:14 “…says [Yeshua] the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God”

Romans 1:20 “… since the creation of the world His [Yeshua’s] invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and divine nature…”

John 1:1-5; 14 “In the beginning was the Word[Jesus], and the Word[Jesus] was with God, and the Word[Jesus] was God [the intensification of all power]. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. And the Word [Jesus/Yeshua] became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”

Jesus the Christ/Yeshua ha Mashiach, is the personified manifestation of Yahweh’s spoken words and attributes.

John 17:17 “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word [Torah/Yeshua] is truth.”

“He [Yeshua] was clothed with a robe dipped in blood [Covenant], and His name is called The Word of God/Elohim” (Revelation 19:13).

No One Has Seen God

Scripture says that we cannot ‘see’ God. Only in Yeshua do we see the exact image of God.

John 1:18 “No one has seen God/Elohim at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared [revealed] Him.”

God’s image is reflected in His Light. Yeshua/Jesus is the Light of the world.

John 8:12 “Then Jesus/Yeshua spoke to them again, saying, ‘I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.’”

The Light reflects the attitude and moral spiritual character of the Creator and carries a frequency/voice that forms letters into words and the power to create. The word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Colossians 1:15-17 “He [Yeshua] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.”

We have God’s image ever before us that now lives in our hearts. We were made in His attitude and moral spiritual image.

Matthew 5:14 “You are the light [That was spoken in the beginning] of the world.”

Colossians 1:27 “which is Christ [Messiah] in you, the hope of glory.”

Isaiah 46:10 “Declaring the end [Tav/Revelation] from the beginning [Aleph/Genesis], and from ancient times things that are not yet done” (Deuteronomy 6:4-6; Mark 12:29-31).

Scripture reveals that:

•Yeshua “chose us in Him before the foundation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4).

“The Kingdom [of Yahweh has been] prepared for you [His Bride] from the foundation of the world” (Matthew 25:34).

•Yeshua was “slain from the foundation of the world” (Revelation 13:8).

•Yeshua’s “works were finished from the foundation of the world” (Hebrews 4:2-3).

“The blood of all the prophets which was shed from the foundation of the world” (Luke 11:50).

As Yeshua’s victory was confirmed before the foundation of the world, so also was Satan’s defeat established. The Scriptures affirm that we have been given victory over the enemy and that mankind’s redemption was sealed in this triumph before creation. This is our covenantal assurance; however it also carries a conditional promise. Our personal victory over sin is contingent upon us choosing to live in agreement and respect to Yahweh’s personal, moral and spiritual applications (His Principles/Torah).

The wisdom of King Solomon says,

“That which has been is what will be, that which is done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which it may be said, ‘See, this is new?’ It has already been in ancient times before us” (Ecclesiastes 1:9-10).

Heavenly Light

Genesis 1:3 “And God/Elohim said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.”

The Hebrew word “or” (Strong’s #H216) means “light.”

The word of God/Elohim is “a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105).

The revelation of God’s words sheds light (Psalm 119:130). We receive a blessing when we walk in the instructions of His word; it is a Tree of Life for those who grab hold of it (Deuteronomy 28).

John 1:2-8 “He [Yeshua] was in the beginning with God/Elohim. All things were made through Him [The Spoken Word of God], and without Him [The Word] nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light that all through him might believe. He [John] was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light [Yeshua].”

Yeshua spoke of Himself:

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me [Yeshua] will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Yeshua spoke of us:

“You are the light of the world” (Matthew 5:14).

How can Yeshua be the light of the world and believers also be the light of the world? Yeshua said, “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world,” but when Yeshua went to be with the Father, He appointed those who follow after Him and had Yeshua in them to be carriers of His light/truth. Thus, “You [Bride] are the light of the world [a reflection of Me].”

Proverbs 6:23 “For the commandment is a lamp, and the law [Torah/Yeshua] is light; reproofs of instruction are the way of life”

John 9:5, 8:12 “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

2 Corinthians 3:18 - 4:1 “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

continues tomorrow...

Following........

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X