Is this water snake venomous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this water snake venomous?

I don't think so but I want to make sure before I try to catch it.

No its not. Its a Diamondback water snake.
    Last edited by dac6933; 10-05-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Nope. He is harmless

Comment

Nope... But they are bad tempered a lot of the time

Comment

Thank you.
          Random question. I don't know a lot about snakes. Does it have fangs? What would be the consequences if he bit me? Would it hurt real bad?

Comment

No fangs, but I believe a row of small, backwards facing teeth. Will draw blood and could get infected if not taken care of.

Comment

Catch it?!? Oh my...

Comment

It's gonna surprise you more than it's gonna hurt when it bites you. And trust me it's gonna try to bite. Water snakes don't like being caught. Grab it by the head and it won't.

Comment

Just leave it alone and it will swim away. Did it crawl in your boat?

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                    Just leave it alone and it will swim away. Did it crawl in your boat?

No it hangs around our dock constantly. He's not super annoying but I have always wanted to hand catch a big snake.

Comment

I've been around boats and water most my life and the only very large snake that got in the boat with us was a diamond back water snake not fun!!!! Very aggressive snake.

Comment

Snake bites are not harmless, even if non venomous. Most snakes have the capability to break the skin when they bite, and reptile saliva can be very septic. I once knew a farmer who nearly lost his arm from the infection from a chicken snake (rat snake) bite. So, catch him if you must, but be careful...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          Thank you.
                          Random question. I don't know a lot about snakes. Does it have fangs? What would be the consequences if he bit me? Would it hurt real bad?

I don't think so but I want to make sure before I try to catch it.

No it hangs around our dock constantly. He's not super annoying but I have always wanted to hand catch a big snake.

Go home Hunting4fun, you’re drunk!

Comment

Get somebody to hold your beer and get it on ! Oh, and post pics of your wound, but leave the dirty drawers pics out.......

Comment

Ya know---- there's a real good joke, in here...….
                              But, I just can't do it.....

Comment

Working...
                              X