Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-31-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.
Talking My Child Support ends today.

After 18 years my ex will have to find a way to pay for her own horse feed and beer. I never had a problem one supporting my son, but the days of undermining and relationship sabotage are over. (well, probably not over just not funded be me) For all you younger guys out there just staring out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now to go shopping for that boat.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Remember you have to stop it. It won't just stop automatically if it's coming out of your pay check

Congrats
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Remember you have to stop it. It won't just stop automatically if it's coming out of your pay check

Congrats
Way ahead of Ya.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......

Congrats. I got 9 more years of supporting her bad habits...…...
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
savage1134
Six Point

Hunt In: MO,TX, GA

I got 5 years left. Big bucket of suckleberries.
savage1134 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:41 PM   #6
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

With me when child-support ended the bills went through the roof. Car, gas, insurance, clothes, school, etc.

Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 05-31-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:46 PM   #7
Hoss163
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Mine daughter was just complaining about her mom spending all the child support I pay on her self and not buying my daughter anything with it she says she hardly ever even buys any groceries for the house. I told her maybe she is saving it for you later she just laughed and said o yeah I bet that’s it NOT lol ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoss163 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:48 PM   #8
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
After 18 years my ex will have to find a way to pay for her own horse feed and beer. I never had a problem one supporting my son, but the days of undermining and relationship sabotage are over. (well, probably not over just not funded be me) For all you younger guys out there just staring out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now to go shopping for that boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Congrats. I got 9 more years of supporting her bad habits...…...
I'm sure every penny goes directly towards the childs needs

Congrats BTW

I can't stand seeing women I know get lots of child support always posting on FB about their vacations..They seem to take 10x more than I ever could, did, or would take.

And no I don't use FB, I get the garbage repeated to me from others who do.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:53 PM   #9
friscopaint
Ten Point

Got mine stamped by judge yesterday! ! Attorneys wante $2500 we did it for $80 court fee and gave to my employer today
friscopaint is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:55 PM   #10
cvanbrunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jack County

4.5 yrs left here. Wife’s student loans also pay off around the same time. Will be like a 3rd income

cvanbrunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
LlanoHunter10
Six Point

Hunt In: Llano

Why isn't there a way for women to prove with expense reports EXACTLY what they're spending the money on? If the child's needs aren't being met and they're going on lavish vacations every year on a teacher's salary, something doesn't add up.
LlanoHunter10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #12
breese
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma,Colorado,Arizona, New Mexico

Strange timing. I literally just opened the official letter stating that my obligation was fulfilled on May 15th. Biggest raise I have ever had.
breese is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:00 PM   #13
savage1134
Six Point

Default advice

See pic
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2019, 02:02 PM   #14
Pineywoods
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Houston/Anderson County, Montgomery County, Rusk County, Polk County, and Throckmorton County

I know how you feel right now. I paid faithfully for 16 years and mine ended last December. I would have felt different while paying it if it would have been used for my daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Congrats
I had been told this too but mine ended automatically while I was still trying to get all of the paperwork together.
Pineywoods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:04 PM   #15
Roy
Ten Point

Congrats! 3.5 years to go for me. I don't pay through the AG, just transfer the cash through money transfer to her bank each month. We created a savings account for our daughter and a part of my CS is deposited into that account, so at least my daughter will have something to start with when she's 18.

Hopefully I will be able to finally buy my boat when I'm done with CS.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #16
zztex
Pope & Young

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Everyone should have at least one ex wife. Congrats!
zztex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:15 PM   #17
Dakota7493
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County

I’ve never had to be on the paying end thank god. But my wife would get checks when the AG would pull it from her ex. That ended 5 years ago and we never knew if or when they’d come so you couldn’t count on them. I paid for my step daughter from her 7th Bday till now. No complaints but I had no problem spending that money when it came in.
Dakota7493 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:17 PM   #18
PROD49
Eight Point

Hunt In: Junction Texas

Quote:
So excited for you! I have 2 more years and I will get a $36k a year raise! Yes...That is for 1 kid. Williamson county Texas men have no rights.
PROD49 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:21 PM   #19
DTala
Ten Point

I wouldn't trust any of the courts involved to do the right and correct thing, follow up on em. When I got custody of my daughter when she was 14 the dang court just kept me on for child support past due...for 5 years. I wasn't paying it, they were just noting that I was past due. Idiots. When I applied for a passport to go to Zimbabwe I was denied because I "owed" more than $10,000 in back child support....that I didn't owe. It took two weeks and a call to President George Bush to get it straightened out. Idiots.
DTala is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:21 PM   #20
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Congrats! 3.5 years to go for me. I don't pay through the AG, just transfer the cash through money transfer to her bank each month. We created a savings account for our daughter and a part of my CS is deposited into that account, so at least my daughter will have something to start with when she's 18.

I dont recieve it or pay it, but your ex sounds like a decent person. Way too many abuse it driving fancy cars, nice dinners, etc... and leave nothing for the kid. My dad left my mom, but he paid more than he had to, and my mom didnt blow it. Both good people, just one made a bad decision....him...then another really bad one being a second marriage. That decision is still a bad one in my opinion. I hope to never divorce, but if i do, it will be a girlfriend the rest is the way, or maybe a few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sticks&Strings is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:25 PM   #21
Lawhunter
Ten Point

My wife is on the receiving end. We take every check and put it in a savings account for my stepdaughter. They were a package deal and I accepted that responsibility. We are also blessed to be in a financial position to be able to afford to do this.
Lawhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:26 PM   #22
Lawhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROD49 View Post
So excited for you! I have 2 more years and I will get a $36k a year raise! Yes...That is for 1 kid. Williamson county Texas men have no rights.
That is insane.
Lawhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:27 PM   #23
JTCowpoke
Six Point

Happy day when they have no more leverage over you.
JTCowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:29 PM   #24
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
Why isn't there a way for women to prove with expense reports EXACTLY what they're spending the money on? If the child's needs aren't being met and they're going on lavish vacations every year on a teacher's salary, something doesn't add up.
Because it's super easy to just write down the big expenses. House(apartment etc), car payment, insurance (auto and health), food and Bam! The child support money is accounted for going towards the child.

Easy to leave out the vacations, slot machines, other fancy car, eating out, expensive clothes for mom, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1134 View Post
See pic
Is it ok to quote this picture?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:29 PM   #25
PROD49
Eight Point

Hunt In: Junction Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawhunter View Post
That is insane.
The insanity of the payment = the insanity of the payee
PROD49 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:30 PM   #26
savage1134
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Because it's super easy to just write down the big expenses. House(apartment etc), car payment, insurance (auto and health), food and Bam! The child support money is accounted for going towards the child.

Easy to leave out the vacations, slot machines, other fancy car, eating out, expensive clothes for mom, etc...

Is it ok to quote this picture?
absolutely
Old 05-31-2019, 02:32 PM   #27
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Quote:

Better check to make sure AG doesn't come after you one day. I had a buddy that did that for 12 years and his Ex got mad at him and turned him in. AG said all that money was considered a gift and he owed a huge amount in back CS. He almost committed suicide over it.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:34 PM   #28
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
Better check to make sure AG doesn't come after you one day. I had a buddy that did that for 12 years and his Ex got mad at him and turned him in. AG said all that money was considered a gift and he owed a huge amount in back CS. He almost committed suicide over it.
I know two guys that had to pay back child support for the same reasons. They had been paying the ex all along.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:36 PM   #29
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
Mine daughter was just complaining about her mom spending all the child support I pay on her self and not buying my daughter anything with it she says she hardly ever even buys any groceries for the house. I told her maybe she is saving it for you later she just laughed and said o yeah I bet that’s it NOT lol ..

My Ex tried to tell my son that she has saved every penny to give to him. I gave him that figure of what it should be and he knew she was full of it.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:37 PM   #30
timberking
Six Point

Hunt In: Harrison, Marion, Panola,Runnels

Congrats and good on you for taking care of it for all those years. Never paid but know how it it when someone doesn't. Raised my step son from 7 years on. His daddy wouldn't stay in one place or work enough to have anything to garnish. Saw him once in court in Jefferson where he stayed many times when they could get their hands on him. Owed around 50K. I knew we wouldn't see any of it and just made do. Mark is 37 now so we made it.
timberking is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:37 PM   #31
schmalzy
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gulf coast and VA

Quote:

That is absolutely awful and the worst part is it doesn’t surprise me one bit. Extremely happy that your buddy didn’t and found a way out.

schmalzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:51 PM   #32
RWB
Eight Point

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
I have 44k for the next 2 years for 1 child.....your hosed in Texas as a dad.
RWB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:54 PM   #33
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1134 View Post
See pic

Take my money!

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 02:58 PM   #34
ntxshooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cooke County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWB View Post
I've raised my kid since he was 3 and received child support this whole time (turns 18 next month). Not always the case that the father gets hosed. I was able to show I was a better parenr
ntxshooter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:01 PM   #35
cactusassjohn
Four Point

Hunt In: nebraska/texas/south dakota

Quote:
yep, unless it runs threw the state it don't count, found out the hard way in the 1st year of mine. has been 4 years since mine was done,no boat yet but a new 4-wheeler
cactusassjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:03 PM   #36
Lethal Injection
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nowhere, her lawyer was better

Mine is done next month, and just like the others it would not have hurt as bad if I wasn’t also buying him shoes and clothes. I actually had the woman at the AG’s office apologize for not being able to get her more money.
Lethal Injection is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:07 PM   #37
Roy
Ten Point

Quote:
Yep! I know it can backfire on me. I keep some detailed records, but I know they won't hold up. My ex and I do have a pretty good relationship, and I can only hope she won't turn tail. If she does, at least my CS back pay won't be to the tune of 36k per missing year...
Old 05-31-2019, 03:10 PM   #38
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

I applaud you guys. I know 3 moms who ain't get diddly from their baby daddies. One has 2 and the other 3 kids

On the flip side I also know one who funds her lake front condo with her support of 2 kids

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:10 PM   #39
Mike
Ten Point

Quote:
WOW?!?!?
I have heard stories about insane amounts. It can't be $3K per month for a child?? How do they gauge that and what income justifies that much per month?
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:17 PM   #40
Roy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
WOW?!?!?
I have heard stories about insane amounts. It can't be $3K per month for a child?? How do they gauge that and what income justifies that much per month?
Easy- if his gross annual income is 180k.

Usually, child support is a flat 20% of your gross income to start, and goes up slightly more for additional children.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:21 PM   #41
325to1195
Four Point

Hunt In: Chireno, TX

1.5 years to go for me. The dummy told my son that when he graduates, she and her mother are moving to Alaska, and she'll start giving him the child support money every month, "to help him get by".
The look on his face was classic when I told him her gravy train derails two months before he graduates. She had told him that I had to pay until he's 21. He's just now realizing what a pathological liar she is.
325to1195 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:28 PM   #42
breadman
Ten Point

paid my last payment this month also . for a kid that wasn't mine ,yes you read that correctly !! texas laws suck and are unjust . but im glad its over .
breadman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:28 PM   #43
BitBackShot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I applaud you guys. I know 3 moms who ain't get diddly from their baby daddies. One has 2 and the other 3 kids

On the flip side I also know one who funds her lake front condo with her support of 2 kids

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have a member of my family (through marriage) that is already telling her daughter (who's 9) that you just need to have a bunch of kids from different daddies if you don't want to work or pay taxes. "You get fun babies and free money!" and then laughs while shoving cheetoes in her piehole and buying tickets to see Taylor Swift.

She kinda screwed herself though (along with the 50 dudes that did too) as 2 of her 4 baby daddies are broke and in prison.

I'm not fond of this person, if that wasn't clear.
BitBackShot is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:32 PM   #44
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntxshooter View Post
Not always the case that the father gets hosed.
True, but it's a rare exception. In the vast majority of cases, men get the **** beaten out of them in divorce court.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #45
Mike Fangman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ranger & Granbury

[QUOTE=Roy;14175406]Congrats! 3.5 years to go for me. I don't pay through the AG, just transfer the cash through money transfer to her bank each month. We created a savings account for our daughter and a part of my CS is deposited into that account, so at least my daughter will have something to start with when she's 18.

This could come back to bite you. ^^
Mike Fangman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:37 PM   #46
mikerosa
Eight Point

No ex wife with child support. But plenty of ex’es cost me plenty of money over the years.

Just a bit of a side note to the OP. Child is 18, no more ex wife RANSOM payments anymore. Congrats. But now the real cost comes. College ? Cars ? Bows ? Guns ? Hunting and fishing trips ? And ofcourse, “dad, my friend is coming and their parents are broke”.

From a 60 year old man with no kids ? God’s blessed you with that child, now the child is of age, now you’re not being help ransom by the state, get out there and do some life memory things TOGETHER. Make em day I got the BEST old man in the world.

There’s no price for that ! Get em a carbon Hoyt too !!! Lol

mikerosa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #47
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

Quote:

Extremely dangerous financially to do this! Hope it ends well for you. Don't ever **** her off or your done.
sharkhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:47 PM   #48
Mrshenkir
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Any where in texas

8 years left. Congrats man!
Mrshenkir is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:49 PM   #49
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWB View Post

Not always true. My wifes ex only paid $4488 a year for 17 years. She tried to get more early on but he would never show any proof of employment. Our daugher (I raised her) turned 18 a couple of years ago and after all the threats he made about not paying CS and all the late and missed payments, his mother finally fessed up that she was paying it the whole time.
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2019, 03:56 PM   #50
BowBuddy2
Four Point

Quote:

I have a year left

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BowBuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top