Chicken killing dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken killing dog

So back in june, my 4 year old tells my wife there is a dog in the yard chasing the chickens. The dog( my neighbors across the street) killed all nine of my chickens. I was out of town when this happened so my wife text me pictures of the dog in my yard and of the dead chickens. I immediately text them to my neighbor. 24 hours later he calls and leaves me a message apologizing and saying he will make good on it. Never heard another word from him... I replaced the chickens with 18 new chicks, and recently started letting them out of the coop to scratch around the yard. Well the dog comes back... This time my mom is waiting at the gate for my family and i to get home. As i am coming around the corner, she calls and says the dog is in my yard chasing my chickens. He managed to kill 2 of my 18 replacements. I call the neighbor the next day and tell him about the situation and advise him to take care of his dog or i will take care of for him. He again says he wants to make good on what his dog has done. It is now 2 1/2 weeks later and i have heard nothing else from him. Tonight i am missing 2 more chickens of the 16 survivors. I found a spot by a gate with some scattered feathers. I send the neighbor a text and have gotten no response...

What now?

Sorry for the long read. Just really frustrated

Dead dog.... I would have done the same as you the first time but after the second time his dog would be dead the bext time it came on my property.

Comment

Can kill the dog but that'll just solve the problem of that one dog.

If you're not fencing predators out you're still gonna lose chickens.

Comment

What now??? Really? Go to his house and knock on the door. Tell him he owes you X amount and you take cash, check or give out *** whippings. It's not difficult. Communicate much in person? F a text or a phone call. Go there. Get **** done.

Comment

Sss

Or what Fishndude said!

Comment

All dogs go to heaven...

Comment

Tie green weeny around a sacrificial chicks neck.
              Through chick into neighbors yard.

Comment

I always heard that a dog that kills a chicken will never stop killing chickens...not sure if that is true but I would wait with a shotgun for that ******* and take care of it myself. Good luck with whatever route you take!

Comment

You sir need to invest in a dog killing chicken.

But all jokes aside, around here, that's a dead dog.

Comment

My pops would say .17 hmr to the dome lol

Comment

I've got a dog killing dog. It's seems more fair.

Comment

Growing up, we had a dog that would kill chickens. One day we were pulling in the driveway and caught him in the act of killing one. My dad got out of the truck, picked up the dead chicken, grabbed the dog and stuck the chicken in his mouth and held it shut while he commenced to beating the living crap out of the dog. After that, the dog would walk far and wide to avoid them. Turned out to be the best dog we ever had.

.......dang, now I'm getting all teary eyed! I sure do miss the old fella! Lol

Comment

You know the answer......

Comment

Shoot that dog, and then send a bill to the owner for your chickens and the bullet you had to expend.

So you know the laws backing you up:

Sec. 822.013. DOGS OR COYOTES THAT ATTACK ANIMALS. (a) A dog or coyote that is attacking, is about to attack, or has recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may be killed by:
                            (1) any person witnessing the attack; or
                            (2) the attacked animal's owner or a person acting on behalf of the owner if the owner or person has knowledge of the attack.
                            (b) A person who kills a dog or coyote as provided by this section is not liable for damages to the owner, keeper, or person in control of the dog or coyote.
                            (c) A person who discovers on the person's property a dog or coyote known or suspected of having killed livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may detain or impound the dog or coyote and return it to its owner or deliver the dog or coyote to the local animal control authority. The owner of the dog or coyote is liable for all costs incurred in the capture and care of the dog or coyote and all damage done by the dog or coyote.
                            (d) The owner, keeper, or person in control of a dog or coyote that is known to have attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls shall control the dog or coyote in a manner approved by the local animal control authority.
                            (e) A person is not required to acquire a hunting license under Section 42.002, Parks and Wildlife Code, to kill a dog or coyote under this section.

from: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...htm/HS.822.htm

Oh, and then if you want, I'd ensure your neighbor is fined under section 822.012 for each time his dog attacked your chickens since the first incident.
                            Last edited by sir shovelhands; 09-13-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
                              Growing up, we had a dog that would kill chickens. One day we were pulling in the driveway and caught him in the act of killing one. My dad got out of the truck, picked up the dead chicken, grabbed the dog and stuck the chicken in his mouth and held it shut while he commenced to beating the living crap out of the dog. After that, the dog would walk far and wide to avoid them. Turned out to be the best dog we ever had.

.......dang, now I'm getting all teary eyed! I sure do miss the old fella! Lol
                              This works.... I vouch for it. But you have to beat him within an inch of his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X