Art Briles Back in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    Where’s all the people saying he was doing nothing wrong at mt. Vernon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where is the UIL verdict?

Comment

Controversy? Art Briles? I'm stunned.

Comment

Just an honest question. Which school official is suppose to check out the kids elgibility to play? Just curious if it's the Principal, Coach, are Sup?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          Just an honest question. Which school official is suppose to check out the kids elgibility to play? Just curious if it's the Principal, Coach, are Sup?
          Good question.

Comment

Art Briles Back in the News

I’d go with Super. A lot of coaches can’t be trusted with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
              Where is the UIL verdict?

You’re joking right? The DEC UNANIMOUSLY changed their decision when all the facts came out. It doesn’t happen very often that any governing body changes its mind, let alone does so in a unanimous fashion.

The UIL verdict is coming. Don’t be surprised if their record changes as a result.

Comment

I understand that the state Dec is supposed to vote Tuesday . If you read uil rules is states that if a player is found ineligible that the team forfeits the wins if the school knew or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                  Yep they also paid him out on his contract, $15.1m when he was fired which to me is basically paying him off to accept the blame. Think about it, cost Baylor $15m to shift blame to Briles and it took them out of the limelight. If i owned a company and my employee was accused of that stuff, i sure wouldn't be paying him out.
                  Yea no chit, nobody pays a guilty man 15 mil to shut up.

I played for Art and grew up with Kendall and the only ones spouting off at the mouth are the ones that go rolled by one of his teams, much like the present situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post

I played for Art and grew up with Kendall and the only ones spouting off at the mouth are the ones that go rolled by one of his teams, much like the present situation.
                    This is hilarious,. You think by the Dec ruining the kids ineligible after they found out they lied about their address (which the house of the address they provided was checked by the Dec committee) and then we're living in a camper away from the address with their uncle who was a former player of briles who was coaching at MV without being on the payroll (illegal by uil standards) it all comes together in a twisted tale of them being recruited by briles to fill in on his Mt Vernon team so there wouldn't be any down time teaching a quarterback (who had ran slot t his whole life) the spread offense. These two kids weren't just any kids. They were the starting qb and starting wr. The backbone of the team. Piece it together man.

Comment

Just so happen ol lynx's nephew's show up 1000 miles away to play for a team that art briles is the coach on, but they had no idea he was even going to be the coach at Mt Vernon? Come on man, lol. Nobody says they can't move there to go to school BUT if you came for athletic purposes it's a whole different ballgame (no pun intended)

Comment

Guys come on. Poor saint art is a pawn yet again in this sordid mess perpetrated by his ex player and ex asistant coach. He had no idea those kids no one in that little town knew had moved in just to play football. Why would he know? Hes just a dumb football coach.
                        Poor art had no idea!
                        Just like at baylor. He did not know what was going on. His assistant baylor coaches, ad & legal dept all knew. Everyone except art. Hes so naive and sheltered. Poor guys like forrest gump

I know you guys arent so foolish to think most high school football coach in most towns arent the big stick of the isd. Lots are ADs or just tell everyone how the cow ate the cabbage. Come on now, no one can be that naive.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post

I have , like most on here, know the whole story on any of it, BUT, don’t equate paying a person any amount of money as speaking to their guilt or innocence. If you as an institution were guilty of something, and an underling was guilty too, you’d **** sure pay for their silence, regardless of that person’s guilt or innocence. Especially if they could crap in your punch bowl. 15 million is chump change to that school. I have no dog in the fight, that’s between the involved parties and God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                            Where’s all the people saying he was doing nothing wrong at mt. Vernon?

I didn't say he was doing no wrong but I did hope he would make a positive impact on the young men he's working with, not sounding too good...

Comment

Do you people think he called these parents to move their kids to Vernon school district, are did they move on their own? Honest question.

Comment

Working...
                              X