Big 8 Age/Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick has some awesome animals and is a GREAT dude to sit an visit with
    My wife shot a good axis on Rick's place for her 40th birthday.
    Here is a pic of a shed that Rick had found from one of his deer. By the size of it...he had to have been a monster

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If he just had better taste in football teams!!![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t wait to see this one on the ground!! What a toad!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          If he just had better taste in football teams!!![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Being raised in the Everglades, I just prefer Gators over tiggers!

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
            Rick has some awesome animals and is a GREAT dude to sit an visit with
            My wife shot a good axis on Rick's place for her 40th birthday.
            Here is a pic of a shed that Rick had found from one of his deer. By the size of it...he had to have been a monster

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            Thank you for the kind words, that was a great rainy day Axis your wife got.

Comment

That dagger tine is super cool! Try not to think about the possibility he will break it off this week LOL! (That’s the kind of stupid stuff I obsess over!) shouldn’t have to wait long for that south wind you need.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                That dagger tine is super cool! Try not to think about the possibility he will break it off this week LOL! (That’s the kind of stupid stuff I obsess over!) shouldn’t have to wait long for that south wind you need.

Jason
                You are going to have Jason not sleeping at night now thinking about that. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post

Jason
                  Thanks! Thanks a lot! I’m already losing sleep over this buck! Sunday afternoon looks like the first sit for him. I can’t wait!

Comment

Give us more info on this place....how many acres? Where at?

That deer looks like it is from up north, which could be since its a HF place with improved genetics

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      Give us more info on this place....how many acres? Where at?

That deer looks like it is from up north, which could be since its a HF place with improved genetics
                      My place is 400 acres with about 45 acres of food plots, the rest of it is heavy timber and brush. Ridges and creek bottoms with 110' of elevation change across the property. One fishing lake, 4 waterfowl impoundments and is located in Rusk county.

There are improved genetics, mostly south texas with a very small percentage of northern genetics which were in the 6 bred does that were released on the place 10 years ago. There were some "native" does but no bucks in the fence as well. No deer have been added since then.

Pre-rut my mature WT bucks weigh from 230# to 275# actual weights from a digital scale.
                      Their body weights have went up significantly when I switched feeds 5 years ago from "deer protein pellets" to a custom blend commodity feed mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        Thanks! Thanks a lot! I’m already losing sleep over this buck! Sunday afternoon looks like the first sit for him. I can’t wait!
                        LOL, Sorry that wasn’t nice of me at all!

Sunday evening will be my first chance to hunt this year as well but there is a 0% chance anything like that will walk out. None of my cameras are showing ANYTHING but pigs.

I am anxious to read about your hunt, good luck!

Jason
                        Last edited by Cantcatch5; 09-27-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I’ll post numbers here in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            170-172 6.5

Beautiful buck!
                            Nailed it right off the bat!
                            Attached Files

Comment

missed it because of the main beams. They were way longer than I gave them credit for. Great buck for sure.

Comment

Is this the score on the big 8 or your avitar pic buck?

Comment

Working...
                                X