Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young
 
Pushbutton2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Van,TX
Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017
Default I'm too lazy and not curious enough to Look

Batteries for cars and such
There's 3 types
Starting, TV/Marine and Deep Cycle

We the difference between them?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
Gerald G
Ten Point
 
Gerald G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winona, Mississippi
Hunt In: Mississippi, Colorado
Default

Im too lazy to type it all out for you!
Gerald G is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Some are bigger than others
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Extreme-TX
Four Point
 
Extreme-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Colmesneil TX
Hunt In: Tyler
Default

^^^That's funny right there!!!
Extreme-TX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:03 PM   #5
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX mostly in the Doghouse
Hunt In: My Truck at night.
Default

If it says Marine on it you'll have to buy a new one every time you take the boat out. That's the only difference I can see in them.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

I’m too lazy to open this thread.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:12 PM   #7
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

They all have their plusses and minuses.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:14 PM   #8
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, ,Menard Counties
Default

This thread been grounded.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #9
StrayDog
Ten Point
 
StrayDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Funky Town
Hunt In: Coleman County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
They all have their plusses and minuses.
Thanks - reminded of when my papa used to say that. I didnt get why he laughed until I had to change my first truck battery.
StrayDog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:19 PM   #10
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
If it says Marine on it you'll have to buy a new one every time you take the boat out. That's the only difference I can see in them.
Thats funny right there
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:20 PM   #11
Radar
Pope & Young
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Hunt In: Pandora
Default

What is a TV battery?
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:23 PM   #12
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
What is a TV battery?

Probably meant RV
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #13
mrc
Ten Point
 
mrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Graham TX.
Hunt In: Young and Jack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
What is a TV battery?
It gets its plusses and minuses confused.
mrc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #14
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young
 
Pushbutton2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Van,TX
Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
What is a TV battery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Probably meant RV
I did meant RV battery.

You all have been posting some positive replies

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #15
Acameron52
Ten Point
 
Acameron52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lewisville
Hunt In: Coleman & Loving
Default

They serve different purposes.
Acameron52 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #16
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

some you screw and some you crip
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #17
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
They all have their plusses and minuses.
Pretty **** good !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #18
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

There is a difference in price

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #19
Tryton
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Polk and Leon counties
Default

Nothing positive is going to come out of this thread.
Tryton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #20
texan4ut
Ten Point
 
texan4ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County
Default

Glad there were no negative posts.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #21
cram369
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Deep cycle and RV are marathon runners. Steady draw for extended periods like trolling motor. Starting battery is designed for cold cranking amps to start your truck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
cram369 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #22
Stuck
Ten Point
 
Stuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Katy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram369 View Post
Deep cycle and RV are marathon runners. Steady draw for extended periods like trolling motor. Starting battery is designed for cold cranking amps to start your truck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
^^^There you go. A real answer. Basically a starting battery has an alternator charging it when the motor is running. Deep cycle are for continuous draw like trolling motor/golf cart and need to be recharged between uses.

When you say you work on trailers, you work on trailers. Never make it to the front?
Stuck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #23
Fishndude
Pope & Young
 
Fishndude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, Texas
Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties
Default

“trolling”...battery
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #24
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young
 
Pushbutton2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Van,TX
Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017
Default

One of our customers has lift gates on the trailers. They say they got through lots of batteries. None of the batteries I've seen say deep cycle on them. I asked if they had tried deep cycle batteries in the past. He says no an they won't because there's no difference between a starting battery and a deep cycle. I hose to push the issue. The guy knows everything..

From my personal experience there is a difference.
I been using a BiPAP Machine for 10 years now. I used to drive Tractor Trailers coast to coast. I had a 1500W inverter. On cool nights I wouldn't use the truck.
On 4 950 CCA batteries i could get one night.
Needed new batteries so we swapped in two 1150? CCA Batteries an isolator and 2 deep cycle batteries I got 3 nights in a row without idling the truck. During the day I was having our at my buddies house

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #25
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

For Lazy Folks
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:12 PM   #26
Tom
Ten Point
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: Rocky Mountains, Africa
Default

stand by while I do some google research for you.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:16 PM   #27
DarrellS
Ten Point
 
DarrellS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lorena,Texas
Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
What is a TV battery?
A battery that can't decide if it's a starting, deep cycle or RV battery.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #28
manwitaplan
Pope & Young
 
manwitaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
^^^There you go. A real answer. Basically a starting battery has an alternator charging it when the motor is running. Deep cycle are for continuous draw like trolling motor/golf cart and need to be recharged between uses.



When you say you work on trailers, you work on trailers. Never make it to the front?


Only took 21 replies for a sealed answer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:26 PM   #29
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
This thread been grounded.
I tried to resist but ohm man this is funny
Jspradley is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:27 PM   #30
Electrican
Pope & Young
 
Electrican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Burleson TX
Hunt In: For a place
Default

There all good until they don’t work. However I'm to lazy to google this statement.
Electrican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:37 PM   #31
Swampa
Pope & Young
 
Swampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

That you Webstertroy?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #32
Radar
Pope & Young
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Hunt In: Pandora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
One of our customers has lift gates on the trailers. They say they got through lots of batteries. None of the batteries I've seen say deep cycle on them. I asked if they had tried deep cycle batteries in the past. He says no an they won't because there's no difference between a starting battery and a deep cycle. I hose to push the issue. The guy knows everything..

From my personal experience there is a difference.
I been using a BiPAP Machine for 10 years now. I used to drive Tractor Trailers coast to coast. I had a 1500W inverter. On cool nights I wouldn't use the truck.
On 4 950 CCA batteries i could get one night.
Needed new batteries so we swapped in two 1150? CCA Batteries an isolator and 2 deep cycle batteries I got 3 nights in a row without idling the truck. During the day I was having our at my buddies house

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
Must be Bi Polarity then
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 07:56 PM   #33
bownut
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Palestine TX
Hunt In: Anderson and Mills county
Default

Price
bownut is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 08:17 PM   #34
Sleepy
Pope & Young
 
Sleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Hunt In: Camp County, Rusk County, Smith County, Kansas
Default

Laziness tends to bring negative feedback, I’m positive
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #35
sailor
Pope & Young
 
sailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryton View Post
Nothing positive is going to come out of this thread.
does this help, any.....
Name:  4WQe6qE.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  66.3 KB
sailor is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 08:48 PM   #36
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+not+be+lazy+
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 09:20 PM   #37
Tryton
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Polk and Leon counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
does this help, any.....

Attachment 974562
There it is. Just when I thought this thread was terminal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tryton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #38
brokeno
Ten Point
 
brokeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Smiley, Texas
Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere
Default

Burt Reynolds died
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 02:19 AM   #39
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Shocking
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 06:11 AM   #40
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

I was really amped up for this thread but what I saw I had no idea just watt the heck was going on
Jspradley is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 06:37 AM   #41
JeffK
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Hoping this thread cranks up this morning.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #42
ktjones
Six Point
 
ktjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Magnolia, texas
Hunt In: Centerville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Hoping this thread cranks up this morning.
Hope not. It is reVOLTing.
ktjones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #43
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young
 
Pushbutton2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Van,TX
Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017
Default


I can see how it can become heated when two opposite sides come into direct contact

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com