2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
    Good but definitely focused on the beginner. Lots of first time hunters which is nice to see. I wish they had something like that when I started 6 years ago. Got to finally meet Froggy and some other great folks so was definitely worth my time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I really wanted to make it but couldn't! Maybe next year!

Comment

Question for y'all homegrown Texans. Do the fu***ng spiders die when it gets colder? I'm pretty sure one tried to eat my spider stick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boldent2012 View Post
        Question for y'all homegrown Texans. Do the fu***ng spiders die when it gets colder? I'm pretty sure one tried to eat my spider stick.

Yeah, usually by now the temps cool down and the high during the week averages around 85, its still 95+.....absolutely dreadful summer heat wise, but usually they disappear from my experience once it really cools down around 50ish in the morning....

Comment

Originally posted by Boldent2012 View Post

Yes they should head out soon. This year is the worst I can remember! I don't think I've ever had to carry a spider stick before this year!

Comment

Good to know! I scouted a couple units today that looked promising, but there is no way in hell I'm walking through that at 5am lol. I'll stick with my less spider infested unit for the first few weeks.

Comment

I bought some anti-tick/anti-spider pants and jacket and longsleeve last year at cabelas, which is was a cabelas brand and it supposedly keeps them away, they cant stick to the clothing and the fabrics inside repel them off of you and I have to say last year I did a lot of stalking which I had to sit on the ground a lot and I never saw any insects crawling on me, usually I can flick off many of ticks on my pants but it seemed to work

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                If you live near Denton/Decatur area, cinnamon creek ranch...hands down, unbelievable range, unbelievable staff, best archery shop in North Texas 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Unfortunately I'll never do business with cinnamon creek again. I've been waiting to pick up my bow and cams before I posted this and I just did. Their customer service has been absolutely horrible towards me. I work in the powersports service industry and I would never treat a customer they way they treated me. Fortunately enough, I found another Mathews dealer in Weatherford area that is willing to warranty the cams and string for me since cinnamon creek refused to help me with anything other than the cams, which were damaged in result of the string breaking.To this day they keep trying to tell me I dry fired my bow and I never did. If the string broke from being dry fired why would you replace anything under warranty? Just doesnt make sense. Regardless, you would think 3 days after spending 1400 dollars with them that they would help me out in the slightest but they wouldnt at all. But it is what it is. You live and you learn. Hopefully I'm not down too much longer!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know deer season is about to start but what unit has the Ham?!!

Comment

Originally posted by mbranch View Post
                    I know deer season is about to start but what unit has the Ham?!!
                    Yasssss this too!

Comment

This is what you need for the bugs.

"Permethrin is a pesticide that you spray on clothing to kill black flies, ticks, and mosquitoes but has no harmful side effects on humans if used properly. It is the active ingredient used in Insect Shield and Buzz Off clothing and kills bugs when they land on your clothing. You can buy Permethrin Spray in liquid form and spray it on your own clothes to the same effect. This self-applied form lasts for 4-6 washings. Permethrin was developed by the U.S. military to protect soldiers from insects in the jungle."
                      Permethrin is a pesticide that you spray on clothing to kill black flies, ticks, and mosquitoes but has no harmful side effects on humans.

Stuff works, but you have to do it DAYS before use to dry and become sent free. Lasts a few weeks if not washed. Used it last year after I got chigger bites one hunt. No problems after that.

Comment

Who's excited for this weekend?

Comment

I’m not thrilled in the least bit. I’m over this weather.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                            Who's excited for this weekend?
                            What's happening this weekend? I thought the grasslands were closed for the next 4 weeks [emoji2958][emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
                              Unfortunately I'll never do business with cinnamon creek again. I've been waiting to pick up my bow and cams before I posted this and I just did. Their customer service has been absolutely horrible towards me. I work in the powersports service industry and I would never treat a customer they way they treated me. Fortunately enough, I found another Mathews dealer in Weatherford area that is willing to warranty the cams and string for me since cinnamon creek refused to help me with anything other than the cams, which were damaged in result of the string breaking.To this day they keep trying to tell me I dry fired my bow and I never did. If the string broke from being dry fired why would you replace anything under warranty? Just doesnt make sense. Regardless, you would think 3 days after spending 1400 dollars with them that they would help me out in the slightest but they wouldnt at all. But it is what it is. You live and you learn. Hopefully I'm not down too much longer!

****, that’s concerning, i they’ve been great with me but that is messed up, I’d raise hell and force them to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                                ****, that’s concerning, i they’ve been great with me but that is messed up, I’d raise hell and force them to fix it

I am not wasting my time with them anymore. I dropped my bow off at Texas Outlaw in Weatherford last night. They didn't have my string in stock but I just got a call that my bow is ready! He took a string off one that he had in stock. He did say that my mods were missing from my cams but Cinnamon creek says they never touched it. Charles at Texas Outlaw replaced my cams, string and is going to take care of the missing mods free of charge, and all within 24 hr turn around. That is ****** customer service!

Comment

Working...
                                X