Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #251
JHT
Pope & Young

Seems to me since all involved have met before, why not meet again & sort it all out?

Somewhere that has live camera feed so we can watch.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #252
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn_cop View Post
Lammie, So what about the money back guarantee?
^^This!^^
Lammies MBG is total BS. He should man up and say this no matter if he feels he's right or wrong...
"Man I'm really sorry about the misunderstandings and I'm sorry if you felt misled. My bad. Just pay what you think is fair."
Now I could stand behind a guy like that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by bakin7005; 09-05-2019 at 11:48 AM.
bakin7005 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #253
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Davy Crockett National Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrell_County View Post
Scammie Lammie

Still laughing about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FLASH_OUTDOORS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #254
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160class View Post
Yes, and Cody isnít saying he wonít pay. Heís saying he wants to pay what was agreed upon, not what it turned into once he was given the bill. The reason he hasnít paid is because he disagrees with the new price, after he was told a different price originally.
I get that. But in think we can all agree to that he owes something so he should start by paying that. I see no reason to hold out paying on something you know you owe. Get to that point and I'm on Cody's side until then he is in the wrong in my eyes. As is Lammie.
Take Dead Aim is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:02 PM   #255
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
But not if they brought you 1/2 a steak and made you eat on the floor due to remodeling.

Did you read his text? He's more than willing to pay the original amount he was told it would cost.
To your first point. I wouldn't have eaten the steak. He ate the steak on the floor then wanted to complain and pay nothing.

To your second point saying you are willing to pay and actually paying are two different things. He is now doing what Lammie supposedly did to him.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:03 PM   #256
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
But from what I can gather he hasn't paid the $15. He has only paid deposit. If he has paid more he hasnt said.
I agree, but what is the value of the lodging in the total price? it is not itemized so OP wants Lammie to state his case on how to adjust the invoice if a discount is warranted. OP offered a strategy to discount the wounded animals as one option which Lammie poo poo'd.

ANOTHER ANALOGY

OP orders a $15 steak and receives a $10 steak, but is charged $20 for it. Should he pay the $15? OP is making the right choice by not negotiating with HIMSELF!

Last edited by TeamAmerica; 09-05-2019 at 12:07 PM.
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #257
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
I agree, but what is the value of the lodging in the total price? it is not itemized so OP wants Lammie to state his case on how to adjust the invoice if a discount is warranted. OP offered a strategy to discount the wounded animals as one option which Lammie poo poo'd.

ANOTHER ANALOGY

OP orders a $15 steak and receives a $10 steak, but is charged $20 for it. Should he pay the $15?

The lodging was advertised to help entice a booking as a value adder. It may not be a line item but it is certainly impounded into the price.

Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #258
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Lammie is a joke after I read this. He tried to wiggle his way out of this prior to him returning back to US. Then got very defensive in texts because he knew he was wrong.

ALl over under $1000....but now he lost way more then that from this thread that will hurt his business. Great job
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #259
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post

ANOTHER ANALOGY

OP orders a $15 steak and receives a $10 steak, but is charged $20 for it. Should he pay the $15?
Agree with that point but that is why I would have had the discussion with Lammie in SA while they were face to face. Let my disappointment be known and discuss how we could make it right. Right now he has only paid his $2000 deposit on a $6800 bill. At some point he has to take responsibility for eating the $15 steak even though he knew the quality was $10 and never complained. Say equivalent to ordering rare steak and they bring out well done. You clean you plate and say I'm not satisfied as I ordered a rare steak. Then refusing to pay even though you had steak, mashed and dessert. Had he let them know the steak was well done and they said it's on us or we will bring another out immediately that would be a different story.

My point all along on this is they both should have been Men in SA and resolved any issues there. Shooting a bunch of animals then coming back to US and not paying your balance(even the balance you feel is due) is not right. Maybe I just look at things different than most.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #260
160class
Ten Point

Hunt In: Catarina, TX

Quote:
I get that. But in think we can all agree to that he owes something so he should start by paying that. I see no reason to hold out paying on something you know you owe. Get to that point and I'm on Cody's side until then he is in the wrong in my eyes. As is Lammie.
But as shown in the texts between the two, when Cody brought it up, Lammie went directly into letís get the lawyers involved, no letís talk about this or anything like that, just said Iím getting a lawyer and thatís that, at that point, you donít pay until it gets resolved by the lawyers
160class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #261
Charles
Pope & Young

I now know who not to book a SA trip with.
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #262
Stolle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Quote:
Agree with that point but that is why I would have had the discussion with Lammie in SA while they were face to face. Let my disappointment be known and discuss how we could make it right. Right now he has only paid his $2000 deposit on a $6800 bill. At some point he has to take responsibility for eating the $15 steak even though he knew the quality was $10 and never complained. Say equivalent to ordering rare steak and they bring out well done. You clean you plate and say I'm not satisfied as I ordered a rare steak. Then refusing to pay even though you had steak, mashed and dessert. Had he let them know the steak was well done and they said it's on us or we will bring another out immediately that would be a different story.

My point all along on this is they both should have been Men in SA and resolved any issues there. Shooting a bunch of animals then coming back to US and not paying your balance(even the balance you feel is due) is not right. Maybe I just look at things different than most.
I completely disagree. I made my first trip to RSA this summer and I would have never made stink with the person that held the keys to getting me back to the airport from the bush. Plus its not like they booked a weekend Hunt in Llano and had the choice of turning around and going home. They made the best of it and abided by his policy to even up when they returned to the US.

Can you honestly tell me you would have been OK with showing up to accommodations like that if you were not told about it prior to arriving?
Stolle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:29 PM   #263
jaime1982
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWitt View Post
Finally got bit. 6 moths ago I put a post on here asking for outfitter recommendations for a SA bow hunt, several people recommended Dare To Bow Hunt so I figured that would be a good place to start.

I did some more research on the outfit and couldnít find a bad word about it so I contacted the owner of the outfit (Lammie). Lammie and I spoke on the phone for several minutes in regards to what animals I wanted to hunt and he informed me that he had two areas to hunt one of which being in Zululand and the other further north in Kimberly. Lammie felt strongly that the zululand location would be the one for us so thatís the one we booked. Pictures on the website and ones he sent of the lodging, property, and animals were beautiful and I couldnít have been more happy at that time.

Fast forward to last month a couple weeks prior to us leaving and I get a call from Lammie wanting to meet up in person. This was convenient as he lives in Texas so we decided to meet in college station.

Our hunting group and myself walk into the meeting with Lammie and he handed some paperwork out to each one of us outlining the hunt and what it would intel. I start reading the paperwork and notice that the hunt package is now for the Kimberly location. Obviously I thought he had just handed us the wrong paperwork so I stopped and brought that up. Lammie than proceeds to tell us that it would be better if we went to the Kimberly location as the animals are bigger and there are more options..... funny as itís the exact opposite of what he told me in our original conversation when he sold me on the Zululand location.

We hear his side of the story and run some numbers, for the animals we wanted to shoot it was going to nearly double in cost by going to the Kimberly location so we decided we would just rather stick to the original hunt that we paid for. Immediately I could tell Lammie was put off by this and his attitude changed negative very quickly. We left the meeting and he sent me a text on the way home basically scolding me for wanting to go against his wishes and assured us that he was only trying to do what is best for us. At this point the price change alone didnít make it an option as a couple of the guys going were on a tight budget.

Fast forward again, we step off the plane in Africa and a stranger meets us, he said he would be our PH and would be taking care of us for the week (red flags everywhere at this point) we go ahead and play along and hop in the car with him and ride to the location. Couple hours of talking to the PH and I knew he was a good guy, very nice and actually enjoyed his company more than Lammieís.

We roll into the hunting property and Iím trying to pick his brain about the situation without him knowing what I was doing. Asking about the property size, animals, lodging etc. First thing he tells me is the size of the property, itís less than 1/2 of what we booked in the original package(again red flags all over). Secondly are the animals, animals we had paid for in our package didnít even exist in these ranches!! Not even an option to hunt them as they donít have any!

Iím extremely unhappy at this point as I have been lied to directly to my face several times. We roll into the lodge and I kid you not it is under construction, contractors setting trusses when we drive up. Our PH hops out and says here it is and points to two very small cabins down the hill a ways. These cabins are a far stretch from what was pictured on the website.

Trying to make the best out of a bad situation we play along not wanting something small like living quarters ruin our trip. At this point we are on our 3rd day without a shower as we flew for two days. I go into the room and turn on the water..... none. No water for the next two days as we wait for plumbers to fix the issues. Turns out we were the first people to stay in those cabins and they just finished them up hours prior to us driving up. Literally fresh paint on the walls. The lodge literally has no roof and is just open trusses, no kitchen to cook, washer or dryer, or WiFi as promised by lammie. (WiFi is a big deal to me as I have to be able to respond to business emails)

Trying to make the best of it we get our hunting stuff on and head to the blinds. On the way out to the blinds the PH spills the beans and tells me that Lammie SOLD his Zululand location last year!!!! Now it is all making sense and itís becoming clear that we were intentionally lied to and sold something that no longer existed! A real FYRE fest situation. We hunt for a couple days and each kill a few animals, still unhappy with the situation, but doing our best to not let it ruin the experience. Our original hunt package stated that cull animal (female warthogs and impalas) could be shot at $75 each. Awesome, we are all shooting a bunch of them, about 4 days into the hunt our PH informs us that the cull animals are actually $160 in this area..... I express to him that lammie said they were $75 and he responds that he canít do it for that price because those prices were for Lammieís area.... again, another lie and frankly an issue he needs to take up with lammie.

We get through the week and make it back to Texas. I step off the plane in Austin and send lammie a text outlining the hunt and expressing my disappointment with him and his communication of the situation. Lammie responds with a final invoice for the animals, all the prices have changed from the original list.

***Now itís important to understand that the lodging situation as well as the price increases would not have big deal had he just come out and told us about the actual situation ďhey guys I sold that location so if yíall still wanna go there here is what that will look like and here is the new pricing for the animalsĒ that is all he had to say and we would have been more than understanding of the situation. Unfortunately thatís not what happened.

At this point Iím more ****** at the principle of the issues than the actual issues themselves. I send him a text and tell him that I would like to see the cull animals be priced as originally agreed upon and would also like him to think about what an acceptable discount for the lack of lodging would be. He replyís and goes straight to lawyers.... in a nutshell he said If you donít pay Iíll take you to court and you will never see your animals....

Iím dumbfounded at this point and reply trying to ease the tensions and assure him that Iím wanting to pay, but I donít feel as if we should be paying full price. Again, he plays hard ball and throws the lawsuit out there. This goes back and forth for a day or so and we have finally reached a dead end road. He wonít budge and I refuse to be screwed over more than I already have by this man. I donít want to get lawyers involved, just wanna handle it like men, unfortunately he isnít giving me an option. Am I out of line here?
Quote:
Agree but you still owe the $10. You don't owe nothing.
What if the meal had a (money back guarantee)?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jaime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:34 PM   #264
Stuck
Ten Point

Quote:
That would be a great option if he had his animals but the PH is holding them until paid in full from my understanding.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #265
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:

I don't think Lammie was ever in SA. But heck I'm not even sure what page this threads on anymore.

And there was no way to "make it right" and everyone knew that. Was Lammie going to speed up construction real quick LOL If there was a fix I'm sure the PH would have used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160class View Post
But as shown in the texts between the two, when Cody brought it up, Lammie went directly into letís get the lawyers involved, no letís talk about this or anything like that, just said Iím getting a lawyer and thatís that, at that point, you donít pay until it gets resolved by the lawyers
This is not hard to understand.

Why pay what you think you owe and still be sued? That would be dumb.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #266
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

He is offering a far better deal to Lammie than I would. No way I pay full daily fees for less than 5 star accommodations. I would never pay more than the agreed upon rates for animals. I have hunted Africa a lot. I hunted with Lammie a couple of times and with 6 or 10 other places, I have have a couple of times where we changed ranches but the rates have never been changed EVER. The Rand jumps up and down every day so the Outfitters know they are taking a risk when they book any hunt a year in advance.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #267
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime1982 View Post
What if the meal had a (money back guarantee)?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You first pay and then ask for your money back. I'm sure that would work out just fine in this case as we can clearly see how easy Lammie is to work with
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #268
Stuck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrell_County View Post
Scammie Lammie
Trump? Is that you???
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #269
CodyWitt
Six Point

Hunt In: Old Mexico

I would be more than happy to pay the bill, but only if the bill has the correct amount on it. And at this point I’m not willing to pay until I see my animals here in the states.... Lammie has already made comments that make me question the condition of our animals... furthermore, he has done NOTHING up to this point that would make me feel confident that even if I did pay that our animals would arrive. I’m certainly not going to take his word for it! I’m not taking any chances on the guy, protecting myself in every way possible.
CodyWitt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #270
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. The OP is only asking for 2 things in the text

*Culls be charged at $75 - This should be a no brainer since it was agreed upon prior to hunt

*The two wounded animals (that survived) to be discounted to a 50% normal rate - I figure this comes out to like $1000 or so. This would offset any "discount" for the lodging / ranch not being as advertised.

Seems MORE than fair, *** is the outfitters problem? If he loses money, so be it, that's the risk you take when you're juggling ranches as an outfitter. Part of the game.
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:01 PM   #271
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. The OP is only asking for 2 things in the text

*Culls be charged at $75 - This should be a no brainer since it was agreed upon prior to hunt

*The two wounded animals (that survived) to be discounted to a 50% normal rate - I figure this comes out to like $1000 or so. This would offset any "discount" for the lodging / ranch not being as advertised.

Seems MORE than fair, *** is the outfitters problem? If he loses money, so be it, that's the risk you take when you're juggling ranches as an outfitter. Part of the game.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #272
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

I'd suggest going to mediation and let both men work it out with a skilled mediator. A workable resolution, agreed to by both parties, is far better than a costly legal fight with no winners but the attorneys. I'd also recommend not posting on social media since that does nothing to help resolve the situation and usually only inflames the parties and makes effective dispute resolution much more difficult.
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #273
CodyWitt
Six Point

Quote:

I felt as if it was a completely reasonable request and honestly much less than it probably should have been. The 1/2 price on the wounded animals was basically a discount for the lodging just hidden in the animals where itís not liquid money has has to return.... also in my first text I left it open ended for him to decided what he thought was an acceptable price for the hunt.... he wouldnít even consider it.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #274
Native Texan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

After seeing the texts and pics I have to side with the OP on this one.
Native Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #275
BigJimmyRustler
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tejas

Quote:

It really just comes down to this, and Lammie should be happy that this is all he comes out short on because he bait and switched the **** out of those guys and he knows it.
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #276
rladner
Pope & Young

Quote:
But from what I can gather he hasn't paid the $15. He has only paid deposit. If he has paid more he hasnt said.
That's because the outfitter is now withholding his trophies.

that's like the waiter at the restaurant telling you that you HAVE to pay the $20 steak or the valet won't give you your car back. Now what do you do. Still pay the $15 or withhold everything until you get it straightened out? That's the question
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #277
CodyWitt
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
That's because the outfitter is now withholding his trophies.

that's like the waiter at the restaurant telling you that you HAVE to pay the $20 steak or the valet won't give you your car back. Now what do you do. Still pay the $15 or withhold everything until you get it straightened out? That's the question
Well put...
Old 09-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #278
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Note to self. Do not book any hunts with Scammie Lammie.

This thread just cost Scammie way more then what Cody agreed to pay him.
Texas Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #279
haas0311
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Floresville and anywhere invited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tracker View Post
Note to self. Do not book any hunts with Scammie Lammie.

This thread just cost Scammie way more then what Cody agreed to pay him.
Agreed! Everytime someone looks up Dare to Bowhunt on the web, this thread will come up! Its really sad actually.
haas0311 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #280
Justin Spies
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas, South Africa, Waiting for IOWA!!

Cody, I am sorry to hear of your experience. I have spoke with Lammie in person as well, he seemed like a good guy. I looked at hunting with him before I booked with AAS. His wife is from Nacogdoches so, he made the short drive over to Lufkin to discuss a hunt. He mentioned that he wanted to move his family to Nacogdoches and only be in Africa part time for hunting. This had me afraid that he wouldn't be able to give full attention to his hunt, which led me elsewhere.

Honestly, you are being more fair than I probably could. I hope you get what you are due, and this shows other hunters of what to look out for.
Justin Spies is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #281
breederbuck33
Ten Point

I was back and forth on this until I read the text conversation. OP made it loud and clear that he was asking for nothing more than what they agreed upon in the states. Bad call on Lammie's part not just settling up, and getting right from the beginning. There was no logical conversation. He went straight to legal action. How is this a pre meditated attempt at a freebie like he says in the text? As a member of the TBH Jury, I gotta side with CodyWitt. I feel this is going to cost Lammie a lot more money now that its going to court.
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #282
Native Texan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Scam tactics like this hurt ALL outfitters, even the honest ones. Some folks considering an African trip will think twice about going.
Native Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #283
sotx
Ten Point

Hunt In: McMullen County

Sounds like a complete #asswhip
sotx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 02:35 PM   #284
Leverhunter
Six Point

So the outfitter booked a hunt in an area that he no longer had the rights to. Then, without the hunters knowledge, he sent them to a different area and jacked up the prices. That's about all I need to hear.

Regarding the comments about the op addressing it while he was there. You say you travel internationally and would would dealt with it then. One BIG rule when traveling like that, NEVER get on the bad side of the locals when you don't have someone in the states watching your back and the op didn't. The guy who should have been smoothing over problems was the one creating the problems. Good job to Cody for handling it the way he did.
Leverhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 02:48 PM   #285
Kdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, TX/Wisconsin/Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humper View Post
I'd suggest going to mediation and let both men work it out with a skilled mediator. A workable resolution, agreed to by both parties, is far better than a costly legal fight with no winners but the attorneys. I'd also recommend not posting on social media since that does nothing to help resolve the situation and usually only inflames the parties and makes effective dispute resolution much more difficult.
I think this is good advice.

After reading the whole thread and seeing the amount of money involved I probably would have paid him and waited until I got my animals. Then left an honest review here and maybe elsewhere. At the end of the day getting in a legal fight is costly.

Best of luck, I think it is too late to employ my strategy.
Kdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #286
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post

That was supposed to be...

Apologies, yíall.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #287
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Why would anybody want to live in Nacadoghes?
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #288
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Legal fight is usually only costly for the person that was deemed in the wrong. They will pay court costs and often attorney fees. Cody you handled it the best you could. You are asking far less than what I would. I would have also taken care of the folks that worked hard for me. At this point however I would be seeking full refund for the entire party in the court system.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #289
Freer
Six Point

Hunt In: Freer, Webb County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humper View Post
X2
Freer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #290
IvoryRoot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:

Apologies, yíall.

Lol! Had me confused for a second.
IvoryRoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #291
coop2564
Ten Point

Hunt In: STX, E. Texas and Louisiana!

I would be so mad had I arrived to those conditions. Unless he told you in your meeting in TX. I wish you the best. This outfitter has probably cost himself way more than just giving you the discount.
coop2564 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #292
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:

Apologies, yíall.

LOL! I was wondering if that was an accident.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #293
yotethumper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

Quote:
Originally Posted by haas0311 View Post
Agreed! Everytime someone looks up Dare to Bowhunt on the web, this thread will come up! Its really sad actually.
Yup. Give it a few weeks for this forum to get crawled and it'll be front and center when you search "Dare to Bowhunt".

I was actually looking to book with them within the next year because of the TBH positive feedback and good pricing but I am not doing that now for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverhunter View Post
You say you travel internationally and would would dealt with it then. One BIG rule when traveling like that, NEVER get on the bad side of the locals when you don't have someone in the states watching your back and the op didn't.
I LOL'd when I read his comment about that. You're essentially stranded in the middle of nowhere Africa, sounds like a great idea to tick off the locals. I have traveled everywhere. Of all the places I have been, I had two instances in Africa that I was concerned for my safety. Africa can get like the wild west in a hurry.
yotethumper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #294
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Why would anybody want to live in Nacadoghes?
Pretty country.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 04:31 PM   #295
Calfroper81
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hempstead & Mexia

Quote:

Apologies, yíall.

Lol I thought someone ****** you off Dale
Calfroper81 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #296
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

With any luck this thread can entertain us until 9/28!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by TeamAmerica; 09-05-2019 at 04:38 PM.
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #297
firehunt fish
Four Point

Hunt In: Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan View Post
Scam tactics like this hurt ALL outfitters, even the honest ones. Some folks considering an African trip will think twice about going.
I hope not... That would be a shame... You will encounter unscrupulous outfitters everywhere, not just in Africa. There are many well-established, reputable African outfitters capable of providing you a fantastic safari... With that, I cannot over-stress the importance of contacting multiple references, and asking the outfitter lots of questions about every aspect of the hunt before you book. In my experiences, 9 out of 10 client/outfitter problems are the result of lack of communication.
firehunt fish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 05:33 PM   #298
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehunt fish View Post
I hope not... That would be a shame... You will encounter unscrupulous outfitters everywhere, not just in Africa. There are many well-established, reputable African outfitters capable of providing you a fantastic safari... With that, I cannot over-stress the importance of contacting multiple references, and asking the outfitter lots of questions about every aspect of the hunt before you book. In my experiences, 9 out of 10 client/outfitter problems are the result of lack of communication.
Your point is well taken but I spoke to three different folks who hunted with Lammie last year when I was considering going. All positive to very positive feedback.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #299
rladner
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehunt fish View Post
This gets lots or forgotten by most and not properly done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
Your point is well taken but I spoke to three different folks who hunted with Lammie last year when I was considering going. All positive to very positive feedback.

Gary
That is normal procedure and honestly, seems like most of Lammie's hunts have been that way or this wouldn't be the first time.

For me, there are 2 parts to researching. First part, asking others, preferably not provided by the outfitter

The other part is asking the right questions. Unfortunately many, especially first timers, don't know what questions to ask or even what to look for when they do get a response to their question. In every sales pitch there is something not being addressed. Finding that is the trick. What I find helpful is asking each outfitter about the others. They will all "spill" the other outfitter's secrets. After a while you will pick up 5 or 6 key questions to zoom in on and see how each one will respond.

In this case, the first thing I noticed (besides the extremely low prices) was the amount of property, or lack of. Small hunting tracts should led you to start asking about contingency plans if something happens on the property. Many properties have quotas. What happens if the animal you want has already had the quota filled? With not much property to hunt how do you handle that? Back to low prices, with prices so low, that probably means they are only good for the outfitter owned property. What happens if you go to a different concession owned by someone else? Will they honor the pricing?

Just a few little things like that which most outfitters won't tell you unless you specifically ask.

Personally, the only way I'm hunting small concessions with low prices is if I'm in Texas. If I fly halfway around the world, I'm making sure there is plenty of land to hunt for the species I'm after.
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #300
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Quote:

Apologies, yíall.

I saw that. Was like well hell Dale done got ****** off
txoutdoorsman24 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top