• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
    This was on Gordo’s Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey that picture is bogus , we all know the shooter was on the grassy knoll

Comment

Mark up another squirrel today. Caught it by the neck and didn't kill it. Have to check out that trap. Set the live trap for cats last night, no luck. They may have moved due to no one feeding them. either way, works for me.

Comment

Been doing this for a while when I’m at my city house. My neighbors aren’t bothered by it and one couple actually got excited to see the results on our shared fence line (maybe until they saw me wallop one survivor with a golf club). I built one of those box style traps to get the ones going into my attic. Whatever bonehead designed my house left a 2’ wide x 3” tall opening with no wire mesh or anything. Blocked off all the access except where the box went and killed 3 in 2 days. Probably got close to 10 in a month or so between the front and back yard. Probably gonna have to get back after it as soon as I leave the hunting cabin next week. Hopefully they haven’t done any real damage while I’ve been gone.

Comment

Pretty good idea! I’ll have to try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
            Conibear boxes are the answer to a lot of problems

And also the extent of my criminal record, lol
            We need to hear this story, come on man

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol I was waiting for somebody to ask. When I went back to college the second time, I had two boys under age 2. We moved into a house in the hood, and there were stray cats everywhere. Mama did not like the cats pooping in the sandbox. I called animal control and they said they would bring a trap. Several days went by, and no trap, so I started taking care of business. Set 220 conibears inside my yard over the holes the cats were using. Got a few cats. Then one day I caught my neighbors little ankle biting dog, inside my yard. It did not die quick enough and somebody in the alley heard the ruckus. They called the cops, who didn’t know anything about traps and cut it off with bolt cutters. That evening I got a visit from the animal control guy and a uniformed officer. Couple of citations for animal cruelty and trapping inside the city limits. I went to the city attorney and argued that an incidental catch outside the city limits wasn’t cruelty, just unfortunate, so it couldn’t be cruelty just bc it was inside the city. He agreed and dropped the cruelty, but I still got to pay $250 for the experience. Dang animal control guy showed up the next day, and we caught about 30 cats over the next two weeks. They would only pick them up between eight and four Monday through Friday. A couple of the ones that got caught on the weekends mysteriously disappeared, LOL. For at least the first week, the animal control guys would walk all around my entire yard looking for other traps before they would get the cats out of their box trap.

Comment

Headed to the garage to make 2 of these boxes..... hope to share some ldp's tomorrow

Comment

Live Trap with corn and peanuts. Scored my 42nd squirrel yesterday. Start the Lawnmower and fetch the .22. LOL

Comment

Nice set up! I’m battling squirrels at my house as well and we’re about to go to war. Lol

Comment

Just ordered 2 #220 Conibear traps. Beware squirrels!

Comment

220 is a little large for squirrels. Just right for raccoons and cats though. 110's for squirrels.

Comment

Working...
                        X