Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK is releasing 395 cfs. Grandbury cut it's release back today to 877cfs.

W lake is 4.62 feet above normal and rising. No water of significance being released.

A lake is 7.31 feet above normal and still rising. No water of significance being released.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      PK is releasing 395 cfs. Grandbury cut it's release back today to 877cfs.

W lake is 4.62 feet above normal and rising. No water of significance being released.

A lake is 7.31 feet above normal and still rising. No water of significance being released.
      Looks like it’s gonna keep rising through the weekend after the added rain from this morning. It’s always a bit crazy when it’s obvious the water has gone up between the time you go in to hunt and leave. Every creek I drive past or walked near was moving like I haven’t seen in a while. I think everything is just that saturated from the last few months of rediculous rain. Boat would have been a good investment this year for sure.

Comment

Kayak would b the best investment if ur hunting Aquilla, ramps r closed again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the dreamers.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_095359.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	24566771Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_094708.jpg
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	24566772Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_094609.jpg
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	24566773Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_094525.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	24566774

They were in one of the parks. But at least ya got to see a deer.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

in for the last weekend to hunt for me.. good luck to all!!

Comment

Good luck today! Hard to believe the season has passed so quickly.

Comment

sitting here wondering why and In what right mind does anyone think it's ok to walk around at 5pm.. lol that's right it is public land my bad, and guys wonder why they go all season without killing a deer .. I guess I didnt walk far enough in today good thing I was 20ft up he never seen me.. rant over!!

Comment

Originally posted by CARLOCK View Post
                  sitting here wondering why and In what right mind does anyone think it's ok to walk around at 5pm.. lol that's right it is public land my bad, and guys wonder why they go all season without killing a deer .. I guess I didnt walk far enough in today good thing I was 20ft up he never seen me.. rant over!!

I hear ya, people r idiots! Same thing happened to me!!

Comment

Man, yall make me miss deer season there more and more! (Incert sarcasm emojir)

Sorry it went like it did for yall.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by CARLOCK View Post
                      I doubt it was, but if it was me I’m sorry. Had two different groups of non hunters bust through where I was hunting. No point in sitting there any more after they decided to hang out 100 yards away. If you were on whitney on the Hill side PM me. I will be out all day again.

Good luck to everyone on the last day of buck season!

Comment

Anyone hunting this last evening besides me?

Comment

Not I coojay. Good luck to ya though.

Comment

Thanks TG

Comment

Looks like PK opened up it's gates again. Currently releasing 8729 cfs. Grnadbury is releasing 879 cfs. That will change.

W lake is 5.78 feet above normal. And rising. It's releasing a whopping 41 cfs. I expect it will come up some more seeing how some of the smaller lakes down south are on the rise. Stillhouse is 12+ feet above normal. And Belton is 11+ feet above normal. Most of the rest of the smaller lakes are well above normal. And water needs to be released from them.

A lake is 8.51 feet above normal. And only releasing 26 cfs.

I'm not really sure why ACE is holding off from releasing waters from those lakes that need it.

Comment

I kayaked to my spot, this south wind was tough! Easy goin back!

Comment

Working...
                                X