First Tethrd Saddle Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Tethrd Saddle Kill

Another 10 pointer for the books. Got a saddle setup last year after season. First season to try it out. Been in my hang on stand most of this season. Decided to switch over to the saddle and see what the hype is about. Three hunts into the most recent location I set up at, and this lil' goat came creeping through. The area was surrounded with briar and limb cover. I had about a four second window to take the only open profile shot, with no obstructions, before his departure (I assumed he was leaving with no intentions of turning back around)lol. I sent it home at the last second just after my "grunt to stop him" did not work. He laid over within view. The saddle is pretty cool, especially that all of my hanging gear is on the tree that I'm facing. The hanging hook for my small coffee thermos is golden. Lol

Last edited by BowPro73; 12-02-2021, 11:18 AM.

Congrats on the saddle kill! My favorite way to hunt

Comment

Great buck. Congrats sir.

Comment

Very curious about saddle hunting. Maybe next year. Would love to see a pic of the setup if you get in it again.

Comment

Love me some symmetry. Great buck. Congrats.

Comment

Great buck congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
              Very curious about saddle hunting. Maybe next year. Would love to see a pic of the setup if you get in it again.
              Oh it's not over. I'll probably be up a tree before I finish this post..

It's still a learning process for me, mainly getting the saddle adjusted to my personal liking, referring to the height to mount the tether ( above head, chin high, or shoulder high, etc.) I found my best comfort zone to be above my head, which puts HYS strap (Hang Your Stuff strap) below my tether.

The pic without the coffee thermos was the setup I liked the most, which was the setup when I shot this 10 point.

I bought the bow hanger from genesis3dprinting and it's the XL one, longer hanger ideally for quiver attached. I still remove my quiver and hang it on opposite side on a hook or dropped down into backpack or predator pack that's on a hook. I bought the metal clip/hooks from home depot, and the orange plastic caribiners from wal-mart in the automobile section.

I have four of the XOP mini climbing sticks with single step aiders on the bottom two sticks. I hate how swingy they can be, so I'd rather be unstable close to the ground rather than higher up. I know you plant your toe into the tree, but it's still teetery if you shift your weight. I'm going up or coming down in the dark either way, I just prefer only the two, and lower to ground. It at least gives me some additional height without hauling additional climbing sticks.

You'll like it. It's very different. Have fun with it.

Comment

very nice!!!

Comment

Nice job. Only way to bowhunt out of a tree in my opinion. Those that knock it for sure never tried it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats , Nice Buck

Comment

Congrats on a fine buck

Comment

That's awesome! Nice setup. I am still getting mine fine tuned but will be in the saddle again going for my first bow/saddle deer this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations Nice Buck

Comment

Congrats! Got my first kill last year out of my phantom.

Sat from sun up to sun down all 3 days at the H this year and wasn’t uncomfortable at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                              Congrats! Got my first kill last year out of my phantom.

Sat from sun up to sun down all 3 days at the H this year and wasn’t uncomfortable at all.
                              Rock on! It is a pretty cool way of getting it done. ��
                              Last edited by BowPro73; 12-02-2021, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X