Dryer recommendations . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dryer recommendations . .

15 years old and plum wore out . . Anyone have a recommendation . .

Find parts and fix it. It's better than all the new computerized ones, and lots cheaper to repair as well.

Comment

Do what shane says or get one with the least amount of stupid settings

Comment

2nd what Shane said however if you must go new go Speed Queen. They have 3 models. The first two are as old school as you can get. The top one has a bunch of electronics.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a LG gas unit and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

x3 on fixing it. If not get the cheapest old school one you can find. On/off

Comment

One word: Whirlpool.

You can’t go wrong with Whirlpool/Kitchenaid appliances. The are the work horses of home management. They last forever and rarely require maintenance calls. Well worth the money.

Comment

Do not buy HE (high efficiency), don't wash or dry worth a sheet.

Comment

Sent you a text Tim

Call that guy, tell him what it is doing and the brand/model number and he can tell you what is wrong and sell you the parts to fix it I bet

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    Find parts and fix it. It's better than all the new computerized ones, and lots cheaper to repair as well.

That is the first part of a plan, assuming you have a gas dryer.

Get your old dryer working, then get a friend to go to a Lowes/HD, to order the best gas dryer you can find. They don't keep gas dryers in stock, since all the home builders push electric dryers. The gas dryer will have to be special ordered. Your "friend" never picks up the gas dryer.

Wait a year, then go to the Lowes/HD, and ask for a price match from another store (i.e. Best Buy) on a cheaper gas model. Talk to the appliance manager, and you will get the dryer that was special ordered, for cost.

I am not kidding. I accidentally figured this out. Several years ago, I needed to replace a 20 year old gas dryer. Found the best deal on the new dryer at Best Buy, but I noticed Lowe's would price match. Lowe's was closer to me, so I gave them a call. I asked for the Appliance Dept., and I was lucky enough to get connected to the Appliance Manager.

Here is how the conversation went:

Me: I need to by a gas dryer, and I found one at Best Buy. Do you price match?

Mgr: Yes, we price match, but I have a better deal for you. I have a special ordered Samsung model ***XX, that was never picked up. I can give you a steal-of-a-deal on that.

Me: How much?

Mgr: $435, plus tax. Come down, and look at it. I will get it pulled from inventory.

Me: Okay. Be there in 30 minutes.

I start checking the Samsung model ***XX, and it is top of the line. High capacity, and all the bells and whistles, including a water-misting system to steam dry wrinkles. The MSRP is north of $900.

It has been a great dryer. Efficient and high capacity.

I have had to change the idler pulley for the drum drive, which just needed lubrication. I also had to change a toasted igniter. Total costs for repair, $100.

That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                      Got a LG gas unit and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                      I second that one. Even sings a song when the clothes are dry.

Comment

Speed Queen with the dial switch (NOT electronic). You’ll know it when you see it. Looks like it should have been made in the 70’s, and will last for 20 plus years...

DR3000WE Speed Queen White Dryer: DR3 (Electric) WHITE| Fort Pierce, Vero Beach, Stuart ,St. Lucie West, Port St. Lucie

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
                          I second that one. Even sings a song when the clothes are dry.
                          I second this. The tune is quite catchy. My LG Washer/dryer are nearing 10-15yrs. I think........ I bought them around 2009 or so. It was during the market crash. No issues with them. They're still holding strong. We wash 3-5loads per week. To include quilts.

Comment

Speed queen

Comment

Maytag everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X