Estes Park New Years Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estes Park New Years Trip

I searched through most of the old threads but didn’t find a lot of info on being there at the end of December. Wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions, tips on what there is to do or places to visit. Thanks In advance

There's a big fire going on up there right now. Hopefully that won't affect anything, but it's something to watch.

Some friends of ours that are originally from Abilene (Mark and Meredith Powell - he's a country singer) own the Seven Keys Lodge. I've not been, but it looks like a cool place to stay.

Click HERE to Make Your Reservations! 2024 Season Opening Weekend - Saturday, June 1st ! Reservation Book will open soon! Currently completing repairs on all cabins and wanting to make sure they are all complete before we list them on the site. We plan to only have cabins open this summer and will book the…

EDIT: I see where it says they're closed for the winter now, so not an option for New Years. Sorry.

We stayed in a VRBO in the middle of town the last time we went. Lots of those all over that area.

Comment

If it were me I'd stay on the Granby side. Trail Ridge Road will be closed at higher elevation so you won't be able to drive from one end of the park to the other and I like that half better personally.

Comment

2 of the last 3 times I've been there was end of December 1st of January. Stayed at Bear Paw inn

Bird and Jim's, utv rental, The Stanley Elkins distillery (if it's open),elk watch, at least half the park will be open, rock Inn, sledding, shops, big horn, dry gulch to devils gulch rd will have larger bulls.

Plenty to do and not leave for a few days. Love it there

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Comment

There’s actually a really good sledding hill in the park too if you’re taking your kids. It is on the Estes side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From the last trip.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt

Comment

The Seven Keys lodge is closed for the season---and those elk sure don't pay attention to the No Trespassing signs.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      If it were me I'd stay on the Granby side. Trail Ridge Road will be closed at higher elevation so you won't be able to drive from one end of the park to the other and I like that half better personally.
                      It's beautiful up there, but is a bummer the road is closed usually mid to end of October, and alot of places are shutdown that time of year. Personally I think the quiet time a year is pretty neat compared to the busy tourist time.

Comment

Working...
                      X