How long on your current lease or longest lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long on your current lease or longest lease

This season starts my 20th year on our little lease in San Ygnacio.
    We have hard other leases over the years but this is the longest.

what your longest?

32 years here

Comment

6 years outside Iraann, Tx.
      20 years would have been nice. But I did get to see lots of different country and may have never gotten to Colorado OTC Elk hunting.

Comment

Working on 21st year and renews in 5 year increments

Comment

I think this season is my tenth year on my lease. It was my first deer lease and 2 years ago I got on a second lease. I don't see the second lease lasting as long though as it's hunted too hard. East Texas on both and haven't had anything stolen or damaged.

Comment

I currently hunt on a lease in Bosque co that my Dad started leasing back in 71, so 50 years this season. I'll be 43 next weeks and its the only lease I've ever had. We have a strong relationship with the land owners and we are basically allowed to treat it as if it was ours.

Comment

24th season for me on the same ranch in Kimble County.

Comment

We were on a lease since the early 90's off of County Road 1 in Edna. Land owner kicked us off this past year because he wanted to lease it to his kinfolks that had a place down the road. We started having some water well issues last year and instead of going through the process of fixing the water well with us, land owner said screw it his kinfolks have their own electricity and water well so they can just have our place so he wont have to deal with it.

Comment

This is year 26. Small lease, close to home, and not a bunch of restrictions.

Comment

4th yr on my hardin county lease

Comment

Wow, some of you are pretty lucky.

Comment

28+ years on a lease for muley's north of Van Horn that my group had been hunting on since 1978. Once I retired in 2010 I couldn't justify the lease fee any more even though it was comparable to what I'm paying now.

The guy that used to run the Trans Pecos Big Buck contest said we were one if, if not the longest running group of hunters out there. I don't know how he new that, but whatever.

I wish I had stayed on it. I was offered the chance to enter into a lease agreement with the landowner and his partner and I sure wish I had tried to make it work. $2500/gun for the entire two week season, 10 year contract. Only problem was they wanted the entire 10 years up front. If they had wanted it on a yearly basis I could have done it I think, but was always afraid I wouldn't be able to fill a spot or multiple spots.

I sure do miss it though.

Comment

This will be my 29th year to be on the DCR ranch, out of Freer. I have a 7500 acre pasture on this 130,000 acre ranch. The lease contract is year to year........., we have a wonderful landowner and ranch manager. They are true "Stewards of The Land".

Comment

22 Years, Zavala County.

Comment

Dang......I thought my 14 years was a long time. We are also super lucky. Great landowners and great people..

Comment

Working...
                              X