New Bow shop in Wilson County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, just wanna let all hunters in or around Wilson county know that there is a new archery shop In Floresville called 181 Archery. Guys from West Virginia and owned a large shop there. It’s a real small shop in his back yard to get started but he’s a super nice guy to deal with. I’m just trying to help get the name out there and help spread the word since he just opened his doors less than a month ago. Website is www.181archery.com and is also on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Go give them a like/follow.

I saw something on the nextdoor app. Wasn't sure where it was...in a subdivision here?

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
      I saw something on the nextdoor app. Wasn't sure where it was...in a subdivision here?
      Yea it’s in bentwood. Behind his house, little wooden shop

Comment

Thanks for posting, that’s only about 10 miles from my house. They are one of he 1st shops I’ve seen in the San Antonio area that have a draw board.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
          Thanks for posting, that’s only about 10 miles from my house. They are one of he 1st shops I’ve seen in the San Antonio area that have a draw board.
          No problem. May show my ignorance but not sure what a draw board is lol.

Comment

It's a device they put a bow in and are able to draw the bow back with a crank. It helps to check timing and other things.
            A picture from their website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Gotcha. Yea guess I’ve never heard it called that. But know what it is. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by StringStalker View Post
                Hey guys, just wanna let all hunters in or around Wilson county know that there is a new archery shop In Floresville called 181 Archery. Guys from West Virginia and owned a large shop there. It’s a real small shop in his back yard to get started but he’s a super nice guy to deal with. I’m just trying to help get the name out there and help spread the word since he just opened his doors less than a month ago. Website is www.181archery.com and is also on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Go give them a like/follow.
                Not sure if you know them well enough but i would tell them they need to get on here! Having a acct on the GS would give them a leg up!

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                  Not sure if you know them well enough but i would tell them they need to get on here! Having a acct on the GS would give them a leg up!
                  I have him the website yesterday and told him it would help him tremendously lol

Comment

He has been making arrows for a while now. Some of the 3D guys were telling me about him. My understanding from those guys is he wants to stay small and part time. Gun shops and bow shops have never done well in floresville .

I heard tell that San Antonio is going to lose one it’s Mathews dealers due to conflict of interest. Wonder how much and what store requirements are for a Mathew dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      He has been making arrows for a while now. Some of the 3D guys were telling me about him. My understanding from those guys is he wants to stay small and part time. Gun shops and bow shops have never done well in floresville .

I heard tell that San Antonio is going to lose one it’s Mathews dealers due to conflict of interest. Wonder how much and what store requirements are for a Mathew dealer?
                      Spoke with him yesterday and seemed like he wants to grow. Idk. He was more than happy with me spreading the word to get more business. He spoke about future plans. Being really small and part time didn’t seem like one of them unless I misunderstood. He’s only an elite dealer for now. Not sure if he’ll branch out to more or not. There’s only 2 bow shops in SA and one is strictly Mathews

Comment

Originally posted by StringStalker View Post
                        Spoke with him yesterday and seemed like he wants to grow. Idk. He was more than happy with me spreading the word to get more business. He spoke about future plans. Being really small and part time didn’t seem like one of them unless I misunderstood. He’s only an elite dealer for now. Not sure if he’ll branch out to more or not. There’s only 2 bow shops in SA and one is strictly Mathews
                        That would be nice if he could get bigger and do good, its just a limited market out here. I go to a bow shop for two reasons, to buy a new bow every 4 years and to get a tune up every year. Every thing else I buy is from Lancaster or 3 Rivers online, because most shops in the area do not have a big assortment of arrow building supplies or bow accessories. If it has to be ordered at a shop, then I'll just order it at the house.

There are 4 Mathews dealers in San Antonio. I believe Mission Ridge is the one in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          That would be nice if he could get bigger and do good, its just a limited market out here. I go to a bow shop for two reasons, to buy a new bow every 4 years and to get a tune up every year. Every thing else I buy is from Lancaster or 3 Rivers online, because most shops in the area do not have a big assortment of arrow building supplies or bow accessories. If it has to be ordered at a shop, then I'll just order it at the house.

There are 4 Mathews dealers in San Antonio. I believe Mission Ridge is the one in question.
                          I can get that, but for him to be successful people need to go to him. I like that it’s a close option for tune ups and arrows etc. I just try to support small local businesses as much as I can. If it’s something u need ASAP and a bow shop don’t have it I get ordering. But if it can wait a week and give business to a small local shop why not do that to try and keep it open. Just my thoughts. I hope he can make it. I was thinking with all the surrounding towns and south of Wilson that he could make it and have the business. Maybe I was wrong in that thinking.

Comment

I can tell you I took my son’s bow over and met Chris and his wife and son, went in for arrows to get refletched and my son left with his bow tweaked a bit better than I could do and also added a kisser button and then spent about an hour with pointers outside on the targets and my son said dad he said the same things you’ve been telling me all along!!! That itself is my reason to support him along with only being about 10 miles away.

Also he asked for likes on Facebook and such I told him I didn’t have Facebook but put him out in our neighborhood app.
                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by coy-ote; 08-23-2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                              I can tell you I took my son’s bow over and met Chris and his wife and son, went in for arrows to get refletched and my son left with his bow tweaked a bit better than I could do and also added a kisser button and then spent about an hour with pointers outside on the targets and my son said dad he said the same things you’ve been telling me all along!!! That itself is my reason to support him along with only being about 10 miles away.

Also he asked for likes on Facebook and such I told him I didn’t have Facebook but put him out in our neighborhood app.
                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Glad to hear you had good dealings with him. He ordered a limb stop for me so I gotta go back this weekend. More business he gets the better chance he has at staying open.

Comment

Working...
                              X