Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    10 year in a row Amistad streak now.
    Awesome! Can't wait for the rest of the story!

Comment

Awesome Job Sir!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
        Awesome! Can't wait for the rest of the story!
        Not much of a story, decent sized doe roughly 35 yards. My buddy watched two bucks fighting for a bit, knock down drag out fight he said he saw white bellies a few times. They're all moving at night with the moon but I'm hoping as the week progresses they'll shift more to daylight hours. I bet mornings are great right now but I've gotta work from camp in the mornings.
        Attached Files

Comment

I personally wasn't able to connect this weekend, but my son did. This is his first buck. Very proud of him. We stalked all over unit four and saw no mouflon or auodad. But there was a lot of doe and we saw some bucks sparring. There are starting to chase.

Comment

Deer looks like a mulie. Congrats on the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by joelacz View Post
              Deer looks like a mulie. Congrats on the deer.
              lol, thank you.

Comment

That's awesome, congrats!

Comment

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, guys. He was all jacked up. This is his second year hunting with me. We were brushed in a game trail just up the hill from the channel. Lake was really low. But this guy walks in with his nose down and looking towards head-on. I told my son to aim where his throat connects to his chest and wack! Gave it a minute and then went to recover him. He didn't go more than twenty yards. I will likely drive down there again this weekend.

Comment

Do you guys know anything about the private land on the north end of the lake? A friend of mine is wanting me to join him in a new venture, and it seems to be pretty close to some of this public stuff you guys are hunting. Little north if unit 4 I believe is where he is saying it’s at.

Comment

^^^^ I believe most of the private land north of area 4 is large ranches for the most part. Are you folks looking to subdivide some of the land? I am asking cause a lot of ranches seem to be going in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          ^^^^ I believe most of the private land north of area 4 is large ranches for the most part. Are you folks looking to subdivide some of the land? I am asking cause a lot of ranches seem to be going in that direction.
                          I’m not sure of many of the details. I’m trying to gauge what the wildlife is like out there to decide if I even wanna entertain the idea. I do think it’s a portion of a larger ranch though.

Comment

There's plenty of deer around the area and should be a few aoudad left as well. We never heard many shots coming from there. I haven't been up that way in a few years but there used to be some feeders and blinds about 100 yards off that fenceline, never saw anybody hunting them but there sounded like corn in them slinging some evenings.

Comment

Round 2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X