Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean if he was going to go to Norman for Riley why wouldn't he stay home for him?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 11-30-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      Random thought with the coaching changes this year:

Florida, LsU and USC were all hunting for coaches and LsU landed Brian Kelley, and USC stole Lincoln Riley. 4 years ago AM stole jimbo fisher from FSU… how come when Texas was searching last year with no competition they landed the stud himself Steve sarkisian?

If you sit back and think how 3/4 schools mentioned landed big fish, and 1 didn’t with really no competition in the coaching market it really puts persepective to the current state of some programs around here…..
      Urban Meyer mentioned ut lacked commitment, he was reffering to money offered to come to ut. Sark fell for much less.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        Urban Meyer mentioned ut lacked commitment, he was reffering to money offered to come to ut. Sark fell for much less.

It wasn’t money. There was an open check book for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
          All joking aside.

Kelly will be successful at LSU.

When people bring up his failures in the playoffs to Bama - who wasn’t getting pounded by Bama? It’s a real topic to be able to recruit in in the south w/o restrictions compared to ND. He’s a smart guy and will bring a lot more to the table than Coach O. He will bring discipline and structure to a new level that has not been at LSU in a while. It’s a good hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Finally the voice of reason

Comment

Urban was doing nothing more than kicking Herman in the nuts. Urban has always been a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Incentives can push to over $100 Million

Leprachaun found his pot of gold, hahaha

Comment

Aggy at 25 and Baylor at 9.

Rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Riley says in that interview that his first contact with USC was 11:00 on Sunday morning after Bedlam. So they negotiated the contract, he talked to his family and accepted by early that afternoon? Hmmmm....
                  Good luck this week! I think Mullet takes cares of business and gets in the playoff

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                    Do you guys think their isn't a no coaches contact in the NCAA like in the NFL because of the recruiting aspect?
                    no

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Urban was doing nothing more than kicking Herman in the nuts. Urban has always been a POS.

There’s probably some truth to that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Finally the voice of reason

You misspelled...."Finally a voice that tells me what I want to hear"

Comment

Wow. The Domers at 6. 11-1. If UGA beats Bama and Baylor beats Okie Lite they are in. Who bails on that?

Comment

Texas took a swing at the biggest fish, Urban Meyer and while it looked good for a bit, he decided the NFL was his next gig. Texas was also firing a football coach in the middle of a pandemic where they cut salaries and jobs in the athletic department so the optics were not great to begin with. I do not think they had an unlimited, open check book to go hire with if it was not Urban.

Lincoln was not leaving OU for Texas, so that was off the table.

A&M got Jimbo by offering him an obscene (for the time) contract, so not sure how they stole him. Jimbo was already on the outs with FSU admin as well.

Edit: If Urban Meyer hadn't expressed interest in the Texas job and Texas thought they could get him, I am not sure Herman would have ever been fired. The problem for Herman is he didn't make any friends in the program and when it came time for people to stick up for him, there was nobody there. I do think there is a chance they would have stuck with him for one more year if Urban would not have been flirting with Texas.
                            Urban thinks he is better than he is........sidenote, he would be gold in todays NIL world.

Comment

It wasn’t money. There was an open check book for that.
                              This is the problem.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Also a true story

Comment

Working...
                                X