2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    I figured you Houston folks would enjoy a ringneck beatdown! Change of pace from the teal and spoonies!
    Houston?? You kiss your momma with that mouth?

I coming to the next crappie deal so I can drill a hole in your boat!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      We were close to where you were yesterday. 1 group 0f 3 teal we got all of them & one speck. Nothing in air.
      Good luck the rest of this AM.
      The rest of the hunt was more of the same

There were a bunch of low flying geese that I might use those socks on next weekend though! They sure seemed like they just needed a little encouragement to land

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        The rest of the hunt was more of the same

There were a bunch of low flying geese that I might use those socks on next weekend though! They sure seemed like they just needed a little encouragement to land
        Saw more geese yesterday in the air than ducks.

Comment

Saw a total of 0 ducks today just south of Garwood.

Comment

Got a report today that the birds p north are on the move. Lots of geese. And some ducks.

This front tomorrow could bring a few. But it could also push a few away. We'll have to see.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-24-2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

After following this thread, I am glad I ave up the duck game years ago……….

As Merl says, ‘Are the good old time really over for good?’

Comment

Going after woodies in the AM

Comment

Headed to seadrift Friday night to chase ducks Saturday hoot hey will cooperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    After following this thread, I am glad I ave up the duck game years ago……….

As Merl says, ‘Are the good old time really over for good?’

Nope there’s still lots of ducks to be killed, you just have to figure out you have to go north for them. We are leaving tomorrow night for a 7.5hr haul north and will hunt Friday morning through Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
                      Nope there’s still lots of ducks to be killed, you just have to figure out you have to go north for them. We are leaving tomorrow night for a 7.5hr haul north and will hunt Friday morning through Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      7.5 hours for a duck?

That's kinds what greenhead is getting at. Used to be when you traveled over a couple hours you were going to another country

Comment

We saw a few yesterday in N TX. Not as many as opening day but enough to have gotten a few birds...if I could shoot. I literally don't think I could have it a decoy yesterday... We ended up with 1 but should have had 5 or 6 for two of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Got a report today that the birds p north are on the move. Lots of geese. And some ducks.

This front tomorrow could bring a few. But it could also push a few away. We'll have to see.
                          Time to get that boat out and harass them ducks TG...now that you've punched the doe ticket.

Comment

Got 2 shovlers up in N Tx last Wednesday and 1 common goldeneye Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              7.5 hours for a duck?

That's kinds what greenhead is getting at. Used to be when you traveled over a couple hours you were going to another country

This guy gets it.

I remember when a haul to Eagle Lake was if you were just really mad at them. No one even thought of going ALL THE WAY out to Garwood. What was a haul and no man’s land.

…..or numerous impoundments/areas in the immediate SE Texas area we used to consistently shoot straps of greenheads. You could set your watch to the migration patterns. The big groups of flight birds would show up the week after Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                                This guy gets it.

I remember when a haul to Eagle Lake was if you were just really mad at them. No one even thought of going ALL THE WAY out to Garwood. What was a haul and no man’s land.

…..or numerous impoundments/areas in the immediate SE Texas area we used to consistently shoot straps of greenheads. You could set your watch to the migration patterns. The big groups of flight birds would show up the week after Thanksgiving.
                                Exactly.

I used to leave piles of mallards and gray in Montgomery County and go to Washington cause I wanted a change of scenery

Comment

Working...
                                X