Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicked out of the playoffs for being "too good"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football is a simple sport for seven year olds. "See the kid in the other colored jersey across from you? Go hit him." If the other team was filled with man-children and there was a genuine player safety issue I could see having a discussion a game or two into the season. To kick them out after 5 games because they dominated the scoreboard is pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
      At that age it is about the team that has the most # of good atheletes. 6+ good atheletes on each side of the ball will dominate a league. I coached one of them that won every game but the superbowl and lost in triple OT. I also coached the team that did not win a single game and kids ready to walk off the field at half time because it was such a blow out every game.

I've also seen the coaches load up a team when the schools they pick from are too large, and requires them to create a 2nd team. All of good athletes go on one them, and all of the others go on the other team.

Nothing surprises me on youth sports anymore from Kindergarten till they finally enter middle school and get coached by school coaches.
      For what it is worth, one or two kids on each side of the ball can dominate at seven.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        For what it is worth, one or two kids on each side of the ball can dominate at seven.
        ^^^^ Agreed and a little older too IMO.

Comment

Should send 1A Collinsville pee-wee (7-8) team down to Keller.

3 Cville teams had combined perfect record including SBs and points for/against was like 900-0 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Sometimes it's about size or ability, mostly it's about "want to", and the coaching/reps that come with it.

They are not hard to spot amongst the rest.
            Man isn’t that the truth. My son is 4 and plays in a rec soccer league that is 4 and under. My son has loved playing soccer / kicking the ball since he could walk. I never played soccer so I just did my best to get him ready for his U4 rec league this year - mostly because every day he asks to play soccer with me outside. He dominated almost every game he played. I could easily pick 4 kids over the course of the year that would win like 30 to 2 every game even if it was 4 v 8. Some kids get it and have the drive and others don’t, especially at younger ages.

Comment

my son is playing 12u baseball right now, well just finished the fall season. I am the coach, we went 0-13. some games were close and some were not. you could tell the kids who had played together for a while and ones, like us, who had not. Did it suck losing every game, yep. Did we complain about wanting to throw teams out, nope. we took our losses and improved. you are not teaching the kids anything when you are getting beat and kick the team out that is beating everyone. it should make you hungry and want to win even more and put the work in to get better and compete.

Comment

I ve been coaching a long time as most of yall know.
                One of today's major problems with parents and players at ALL levels is the location of these two things.

When it comes to.
                Commitment
                Hard work
                Being a good teammate
                TALENT
                and several other things!

PERCEPTION of the above is here.
                REALITY is here

Comment

Same exact thing was going to happen to the Cowboys this year, that's why they tanked versus Denver.

Comment

I'm surprised they're allowed in the league at all with that racist mascot name.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think they should have let the FM team finish the season and play in the playoffs. Keller did agree to let them in, and should stay true to that agreement. I have seen similar situations. My grandsons all play in youth football in all age groups from PeeWee to Bantam. During the Covid year our league did not enough teams so we elected to play in a league from larger towns nearby. The rules of that league was that you could build a team from kids of different towns(select team). We knew that going in, and it was tough. We ended up losing the Super Bowl game 35-7. But nobody was upset at that select team or felt cheated. The competition was tougher, and our kids learned you get beat up sometimes. That's part of the game. I will say that my experience is that at the 7-8 year old level, even one kid can dominate. We have no idea where the 7 kids referred to came from. Most likely from several teams around FM since they had no league of there own this year. Either way, just let the kids play ball and learn to win and lose and fair play. After all, they will have to deal with it when they get to high school.

Comment

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That statement from Keller clears things up a bit. Sounds like Flower Mound, instead of participating in a draft meant to distribute talent, basically brought an All-star team.

Comment

Happens all the time. If Keller didn’t see that coming they’re blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X