South Texas Hunters Thread 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
    I'm new down here - is that typical on a wet year? or do some genetics just never do much?

Same here. Between the extended hard freeze and no rain until late May, most of our deer stayed about the same or went backwards. The most critical time for antler growth and rain is February-April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got to love deer hunting. I've had a buck on camera in the morning every day this past week. Since I decided I'd shoot him he of course was a no show this morning.

Had to watch 8 other bucks. Bummer

Comment

Got some really nice deer this year that haven’t come to the feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looking forward to 5 days in Dimmit Co. starting Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Looking forward to 5 days in Dimmit Co. starting Wednesday.
            I miss Dimmit Co. Hunted 7 years off El Indio Hwy.

Comment

South Texas Hunters Thread 2021

Saw this guy every hunt last week and I passed. I’ve got him at 5.5 and want to give him one more year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Black Ice; 11-16-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

5.5 looks about right

Comment

Thoughts on age and score?
                  Jim Hogg county

Comment

I’m going with 4/12 upper 140s maybe more. Those Jim Hogg deer in November hold some big weights. We shot a 4 1/2 yr old seven last weekend that went 224 lbs.

Comment

Comment

Just got back from 4 days in Dimmit county. In general,it was slow but it worked out. Big deer scored 153, was 9 years old and weighed 231 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My dad took this guy out this past weekend with his x-bow, down at my lease in Webb county. Slick was on the cull/mgmt hit list. Several others are showing up a bit more frequently on camera. We’ve noticed that the bucks are really healthy this year, but most of our does are pretty thin. We know of at least 6 sets of does with twins this year as well.

This guy has taken over this feeder. He doesn’t do much for me, but does have good tine length, including his 4’s. My dad watched him at 15-20 yards for 45 minutes Saturday morning. He says he’s 137-138ish. Not a trophy for our place, IMO, but might get to live one more year to see if he can get to 150.

Comment

Just got back from 4 days in Dimmit county. In general,it was slow but it worked out. Big deer scored 153, was 9 years old and weighed 231 lbs.

Congrats again & great shooting. Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Looks like you enjoyed yourself down south. Congratulations! That big buck is nice.

Comment

Jeff, those capes on your bucks are really nice!! Love the dark capes.. almost looks melanistic! That biggun especially is going to make a beautiful mount! Be good on a pedestal...
                                Congratulations again sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X