Let’s talk trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Come on. Let's be fair. All you tundra owners please tell us about problems and shop visits.
    I've had a 2000,2003,2006 and a 2014 tundra. No issues other than gen 1s were a little low on power with the 2uz-fe 4.7 engine

Our 2014 with the 5.7 didnt have that problem but was about 11mpg.

I still drive my 2006 daily.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      You are correct. I only know anecdotal evidence taken from a shop mechanic of 30 years. LOL...oh and the fact that one of the cheapest places for filters I've found has the kit for $94.

https://www.dieselfiltersonline.com/...co-diesel.html
      That link is for the dodge. The GM fuel filter is less than $25

Comment

Come on. Let's be fair. All you tundra owners please tell us about problems and shop visits.

Had my daily driver, 2010 Tundra w/ 125K miles in the shop last year to change the tensioner belt. It was making a squeaking sound. But that's it.

Comment

Anybody have one of the new rams with the e torque motors?

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            I wouldn’t recommend a first year anything and don’t see the point of a half ton diesel. Add in the cost for fuel filters, def and misc broken parts from a complicated fuel system, I’d say you come out about the same.

This. Plus it’s several thousand dollars up charge for the diesel over the gasser. I did a spread sheet on it. It takes. A long time just to break even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
              Anybody have one of the new rams with the e torque motors?
              .Up

Comment

I have a 2014 Tundra, 102,000 miles. Only replaced battery, just replaced all spark plugs and new belt with all new fluids at 100,000 miles. crappy gas milage but most reliable truck ive ever owned.

Comment

I have a 2021 GMC sierra 1500 3.0 and its a great truck. Oil change is the same as a gas truck and I am at 20k miles and still have 40% life left on fuel filter. That's a $25 part. I get 25 mpg running 75 on trips and average 22 per tank combined. Hook up a trailer and 19-20 depending on speed. They are great trucks and would recommend one. If you don't do the 3.0 then 6.2 is a great motor but will loose fuel eco. Good luck finding the truck you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                    That link is for the dodge. The GM fuel filter is less than $25
                    Plus $70 for the oil change kit, LOL, effectively the same price, which is what I was getting at. And if you don't change fuel filter at oil change time, I'd bet the dealer charges labor for the fuel filter when you come in 4000 miles after the oil change.

I suppose the dealership could just take the hit on oil change cost just to get people into the dealership.

Comment

I have a 19 Chevy with the 5.3. If I were shopping today, I would be looking at another brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are talking about trucks you cant start with the word Tundra....

If its a grocery getter, running the kids to schools...its great...

If you are gonna work it, get one of the big 3

Comment

Just took delivery of a 21 F-150 Tremor with the 3.5L Ecoboost. Order was placed on 8/9 and delivered on 11/11 really happy with the performance of this truck. This is my second 3.5l Ecoboost truck, I had an 18 F-150 XLT. Might consider stepping in to a Ford if you havent already.

Comment

I traded my tundra in on a 2020 trail boss with the 5.3 only bc I needed a truck that got better mileage. It was brand new when I bought it and it has been in the shop about as much as it has been in my possession. My dad had the same outcome with a 2019 half ton chevy that the dealership finally swapped out with a 2020 model. Knowing what I know now coming from someone who had chevys before the tundra, I'd steer clear of GM until they get some quality control taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
                              .Up
                              I do and I love it. 2021 half ton 4x4 bighorn edition, but no offroad package. I did add skid plates though. Everyday driving I get around 18mpg and can get a bit over 20 on trips if I keep it under 75. tons of power and smoothest transmission I have ever driven

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter911 View Post
                                I have a 2021 GMC sierra 1500 3.0 and its a great truck. Oil change is the same as a gas truck and I am at 20k miles and still have 40% life left on fuel filter. That's a $25 part. I get 25 mpg running 75 on trips and average 22 per tank combined. Hook up a trailer and 19-20 depending on speed. They are great trucks and would recommend one. If you don't do the 3.0 then 6.2 is a great motor but will loose fuel eco. Good luck finding the truck you want.
                                X2 2021 Chevy 3.0 4X4 28K miles 28-30 MPG(hand calculated) Love mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X