Lease hunters question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
    all these reasons, good or bad, is why I bought 320 ac for myself. I don't have to worry about someone else's guests and when/if I want something different I can make my money back.
    Congrats

Comment

Guest rules for my leases is a guest is a guest regardless of if it is family or not. Any guest hunts off the lease member's state limit. On one of my leases we have two community stands so a guest can hunt out of one of them- none of my members have kids that are too young that they can't hunt by themselves. The only thing I haven't worked out is an "oops" penalty- that is if a member hasn't limited his guest to just shooting a doe and one of the members is in his stand and his guest is in a community stand and they both shoot a buck that is over 13". Hasn't been an issue in all the years that I have had this particular lease but anything can happen.

Comment

I will say that I have asked that any member limits it to just one guest per visit and that has been respected so far.

Comment

My current lease is family members hunt off members allotment.
          Family is as far out as one can stretch it, brothers sisters parents kids I’m sure aunt’s and uncles isn’t out of the question.
          I only bring my son from time to time.

Not my rules, but the ones I abide by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Family or guest hunt off lease members tag allotment.
            Family member or guest has to hunt with lease member in the stand.
            I have not seen a “guest” in several years. I would say 95% of the time it is a Family member. We have a great group / great ranch owners and no issues at all with lease members bringing a Family member to bow hunt. Most of the time it is our kids.
            We also have our own stands so people are not running all around the ranch.

Comment

I’m on a pretty strict place. No guests period. 4 paid hunters on 1100 acres. Don’t like it but we have decent deer.

Comment

We are on a smaller place (+/-216 acres). Land owner allows 2 lease spots allowing paying member and spouse/children for each spot. Each spot is allow to shoot state allowed (5 deer). We have chosen to lease both spots for myself + my wife + my now 17 yo son. We have been on the place since he was 5 yo. We are allowed guests as we see fit but they shoot off each members tags. We will never shoot anywhere near 10 deer by choice (could easily do so). We usually shoot 2 maybe 3 annually depending on what we see. Occasionally we bring out 1st time hunters for their 1st deer experience.

Comment

Lease hunters question

I have an almost unlimited guest policy. Members are responsible for what their guest kills. Guests cannot hunt alone. It hasn’t ever got out of hand, but if it does we will likely go to a guest per member type Deal.

A lot of us have kids and I highly encourage kids to hunt. I have 4 kids myself and several weekends have had the entire clan out there.

Last couple years, guests killed roughly 75% of the total deer. (Including family). Regarding allotment, does and culls are basically first come First serve. If it’s December 34th and you haven’t killed does or culls yet… you must not want to killl them very bad. [emoji23]

Deer hunting should be fun. I enjoy sharing what we have with our friends and family.
                  Last edited by kyle1974; 10-25-2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

the lease im over it is any member can bring any guest or child, viewed as the same and they can hunt off your allotment. only rules is try to not bring any opening weekends due to we have a camp house and it has exact amount of beds as memembers and that if a guest is there all memebers get bed before guests do.
                    Last edited by Stetsonoverton; 10-25-2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X