No announcement yet.

Neighbor built a rifle range on the fence line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It stinks OP! It seems as if some of these people have their ranges right on their fence lines also. You approached him nicely, he shot you down ( not literally) ��. Personally I would take this down every legal avenue that I could afford ( cut my nose off spite my face).

Comment

Some of you folks…… geez. If there is a male version of a “Karen”, we have some here.

Ask the guy to send you a txt when he’s going to be shooting at his range and leave him alone.
      Last edited by Trevor73402; 06-14-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

Good luck and keep calm
        [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VswuVZ_0ZAI"]Dumb & Dumber: Look at the Butt on that! He must Work Out - YouTube[/ame]

I agree with post 19. Well put J5.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-14-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
          Put one facing the opposite direction.
          And, when you hear him shooting, just empty a 30 rd mag. Lol

Comment

Yea, just “ask him to send a text”. Then clear the cabin and move off that side of your property so nobody gets shot. Seems reasonable...

Comment

So many different viewpoints on this thread. I wouldn’t feel comfortable in a cabin within range of a long range (ok maybe semi long rage) rifle range. There is a reason most public and private ranges have a qualification process before being allowed to shoot at distance.

Comment

Set up your own "range" opposite direction of your neighbors "range". When you hear him start shooting at his range start shooting at your range!!! Nothing like the sound of a bullet whizzing past you to make you reconsider your current situation/position..... Then I bet he'll be all in favor of building a proper backstop!!

Before one of you internet cowboys yells at me, I'm just kidding! I would never recommend someone shoot in another persons direction first. Always shoot back!!! Lol
                Last edited by c3products20; 06-15-2021, 05:00 AM.

Comment

I think the way things are going these days I'd much rather have a neighbor with a 1000y range than not. Work something out and build/repair a relationship with them. Could have been a subdivision, mobilehome park, or quarry. I'd take the advice about working g out a way to let everyone know when lead is flying. Have a BBQ and invite them to discuss over a cold one. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Just my opinion.

Comment

Neighbor sounds like a typical neighbor. Unfortunately unless he does actually shoot onto your property, ain't much you can do. His attitude is just a sign of the times. I get using your property as you see fit, but blatant disregard and arrogance in neighbors is getting all too common.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                      Build you a backstop on your property made out of plywood and just wait and see for evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                        A bullet starts dropping as soon as it comes out of the barrel. So you are ok with someone shooting in the direction of your house?

wow smart guy here lmao

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          And, when you hear him shooting, just empty a 30 rd mag. Lol
                          check out thus rich guy here lmao

Comment

Neighbor built a rifle range on the fence line

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                            Some of you folks…… geez. If there is a male version of a “Karen”, we have some here.

Ask the guy to send you a txt when he’s going to be shooting at his range and leave him alone.

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Yea, just “ask him to send a text”. Then clear the cabin and move off that side of your property so nobody gets shot. Seems reasonable...

[emoji23]

yeah I don’t think the Intimidator read the whole original post through before his normal telling of folks how wrong they are.
                            Last edited by Smart; 06-15-2021, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                              I think the way things are going these days I'd much rather have a neighbor with a 1000y range than not. Work something out and build/repair a relationship with them. Could have been a subdivision, mobilehome park, or quarry. I'd take the advice about working g out a way to let everyone know when lead is flying. Have a BBQ and invite them to discuss over a cold one. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Just my opinion.
                              Yes , be thankful that a subdivision or trailer park didn’t go in . here in the hill country, it’s getting pretty crowded as growth of cities expanded .
                              If you think a couple of people shooting is annoying, try having nail guns popping off all day! Or having 10 neighbors with 40-50 acres who set up blinds and shooting ranges , world is just getting smaller
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-15-2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                                Yes , be thankful that a subdivision or trailer park didn’t go in . here in the hill country, it’s getting pretty crowded as growth of cities expanded .
                                If you think a couple of people shooting is annoying, try having nail guns popping off all day! Or having 10 neighbors with 40-50 acres who set up blinds and shooting ranges , world is just getting smaller
                                I’m going through that right now. Add to that the musica blaring all day.

Comment

Working...
                                X