National Emergency Declaration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    He was referring to the number of caravans. Just quoted a small part.

The earliest caravan i know about from central america was 2017. But i miss a lot.
    At the end of W's presidency the migrants shifted from being mostly Mexican people seeking work to being refugees from hostile governments. (el salvador honduras guatemala). Then, during Obama the numbers really started going up. I think the numbers in 2013-2015 are similar to the numbers today. His approach was to aid mexico (help secure their southern border) and to send aid to the countries that people were fleeing. Obviously, that hasn't really solved anything. Trumps approach seems to be to hard negotiate with mexico regarding our aid and trade, and to build a wall to secure our southern border.

IMO the wall will secure our southern border, which is necessary, but we will still have a mass influx of immigrants seeking asylum. Just funneled to a secure entry point. The key IMO to slowing it down is to convince Mexico to stop allowing the traffic. Probably not going to happen though.

Comment

I always thought Trump was nuts for saying this,
      "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters”
      I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Trump will declare a national emergency declaration after signing the spending bill.
        Question: Wouldn't this lay the path for the next democrat president to declare a national emergency on guns?
        Pelosi already answered that question.

Comment

Why would anyone worry what the Left "might" do? Any group that celebrates the decision to support infanticide will stop at nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
            This is very bad precedent if it survives anticipated legal challenges. Many on both sides feel this is unwise and exceeds legitimate executive power. This is more about preventing re-election andposturing to prevent a sitting President from fulfilling a campaign promise than with dealing with illegal immigration.
            Fify

Nice attempt at a spin though. It's funny how the dems have voted many times for EXACTLY what Trump is asking for now, but....

Comment

this is not a good way to go; but hey, who thinks that the dems wouldn't try it anyways?

Comment

Trump will declare a national emergency declaration after signing the spending bill.
                Question: Wouldn't this lay the path for the next democrat president to declare a national emergency on guns?
                Definitely not a good way to go about getting the wall built. This was my first thought when I read about this.
                The next dem pres. Will do the same with new gun laws.

Comment

That pesky second amendment always getting in the way of the Dems plans.

Comment

Guys as mentioned above there are 31 ACTIVE national emergencies. The left and msm are spinning this to seem like a crazy dictatorial anonomoly. It’s not! Lol.

And no, a national 911 cannot infringe upon the 2nd. It would be deemed unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Guys as mentioned above there are 31 ACTIVE national emergencies. The left and msm are spinning this to seem like a crazy dictatorial anonomoly. It’s not! Lol.

And no, a national 911 cannot infringe upon the 2nd. It would be deemed unconstitutional.
                      Guess they forgot to tell Bill Clinton he couldn't infringe upon the 2nd., 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban & Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Ac

Comment

This is not a good thing - never has been a good thing. Will not be a good thing the next time it is used.

Just another case of its terrible until your guy wants to do it. Then its okay because the bad guys did it first.

Effing ridiculous.

Comment

I honestly dont see them going after guns directly.

They will run the price up on ammo, or something of the sort.

Pretty ironic that the left would even suggest using a national emergency to curtail the rights of Americans. In retaliation for Americans wanting basic laws enforced.

Comment

Yes. It sets a terrible precedent and frankly I see the National Emergencies Act being Constitutionally challenged in the Supreme Court because of it.

For some reason all of you are focused on the 2nd Amendment...frankly I see a Dem President more likely to declare a national emergency to direct funds for Climate Change initiatives rather than a gun grab.
                            Last edited by JonBoy; 02-15-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                              Yes. It sets a terrible precedent and frankly I see the National Emergencies Act being Constitutionally challenged in the Supreme Court because of it.

For some reason all of you are focused on the 2nd Amendment...frankly I see a Dem President more likely to declare a national emergency to direct funds for Climate Change initiatives rather than a gun grab.
                              Most likely scenario

Comment

I don't see how this sets bad precedent. The current "National Emergencies" are jokes compared to our border situation. The future of our country absolutely depends on getting a handle on immigration.

Comment

Working...
                                X