No announcement yet.

Anyone here from Hico texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay at the Hico Upstairs Inn. My wife loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      I think it's the Coffee Cup Family Restaurant, or some variation, now isn't it?

Yes

When I was in high school late 90’s they found a African American hanging from a noose at a rest stop right outside hico so its not that far removed

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        I think it's the Coffee Cup Family Restaurant, or some variation, now isn't it?
        They change it a while back but there is a steel cut out of a cowboy sitting at a table with his legs crossed. It looks a lot like a K and supposedly that was their way of keeping the 3 K’s up.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Nope. Billy is buried in a grave at Fort Sumner, NM. Was there Super Bowl weekend. I'll get you a souvenir when I'm back out there in July.
          Beg to differ. I hunted in Hico for year on the Harcrow Ranch. Racheal Harcrow grew up in Hico and she tells the story differently. She and the other kids growing up tell a story of Brushy Bill Roberts that use to tell stories to the kids that only Billy The Kid would know. She remembers the day he died. Most of the residents in Hico at the time knew who Brushy Bill was. They just let him live in peace. Believe what you will. I believe Racheal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
            Koffee Kup Kafe is still going strong. Best 14 different flavor pies you can buy!!!
            Best Breakfast and Outstanding Pies.

Comment

The pies aren't what they used to be. They no longer have homemade crust.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                I can’t type straight. Try tomorrow.

Skinny
                Very underrated post.

Comment

My dad hunts just south of town. The koffee Kup is great and the museum is a hoot and worth a visit. Also check out the Left Handed Gun shop down from the museum. While mainly for southpaws, they get a Ruger #1 in ever now and then.

Comment

Brushy Bill Roberts is from my wifes family. My father in law, who is 84 now, met him when he was a child. Says he was a rough fellow. Rode up to a relatives place near Canton on horseback with a couple of guys. My wifes great aunt said he never would stay in one place for more than a couple of days. Two sisters these great aunts, one says he was Billy the Kid, one says it was BS.

The connection I have with BTK, is he didn't know who his father was, and his mother had the same last name as my family. He went by William Bonney, and his mothers last name was McCarty.

The problem I have believing Brushy Bill was the Kid, is the dates don't line up that well. He would have been well over 100 when he died. Not impossible, but.

Comment

Never have believed it. And yes I’ve been there and seen the museum.

They need to have a John Wilkes Booth museum as well since there is also the claim that he too survived and came to Texas.
                      Last edited by Pigpiggy; 02-16-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I grew up in the gap and had cousins in hock. Spent lots of time there. Koffee Kup is a good spot

Comment

You can run up the road to Granbury, and see the grave of Jesse James…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in the mid 80's we were on our way to our lease outside of Goldthwaite. Back then, the Koffee Kup was on Walnut street (hwy 281), a few blocks south of where it is now. When we passed by it, there were a whole mess of bikers in the parking lot...I mean a LOT of them. Well, across the street, there were about 30 or so cop cars, city cops, sheriff's cars and state troopers. I don't don't what happened, if anything. Never did hear any news about a confrontation or anything else. Pretty cool though!

Comment

My dads family had a ranch outside of Hico for many years. It’s gone now but we still spend some time out there, it’s definitely a weird little town!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                You can run up the road to Granbury, and see the grave of Jesse James…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                As long as your that close...…
                                Might as well, stop in at Acton.....
                                And see, Davy Crockett's wife's grave.....

Comment

Working...
                                X