National Emergency Declaration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    So every Border Patrol Chief Sector who lives and breathe's this stuff & verifies the walls are an effective tool are lying or too stupid to know better??

Should we take down the existing 600 miles of border fencing because of the ineffectiveness?? I swear, some of you need to come live on the border for a stretch...been here almost 5 decades & seen lots of change.

Over 1300 illegals apprehended in one day alone this past week in the RGV sector!! When I say we average hundreds per day, I mean hundreds per day!! let that sink in!! How many are we missing??

I trust BP when they say it's needed vs opinion from anyone who doesn't work to defend the border, much less live on or near it.
    A barrier would almost certainly help their cause, but what I’m saying is that it’s a bandaid on a bullet wound. As long as the demand is here, people will get here. The wall will have little to no effect on the larger problem.

Jailing people who employee illegals would curb the flow almost immediately, and eventually solve the majority of the problem. No need for many of the BP agents or an expanded barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      We have a wall that was put up several years along the levee system in Cameron & Hidalgo Co's...BP has stated those areas have a 93% decrees & yeah I agree it will never stop, but is **** well well warrant's the attn if BP is begging for it!!

Tell me what would happen to the California / Mexico Border if that section if the wall was removed!!
      I’m sure traffic is down in those areas, they simply go somewhere else. And when they can’t stumble on across, they’ll just find another way (as long as greedy, unpatriotic, lazy pricks keep hiring them).

Comment

"We're not just going to be waiting for legislation," Obama announced. "I've got a pen and I've got a phone...and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions."

Sounds familiar.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Jailing people who employee illegals would curb the flow almost immediately, and eventually solve the majority of the problem.
          I agree with some of your sentiment. I do think that employers should be held accountable. And enforcing that would probably be cheaper than building a wall.

Surprised no one has mentioned, that many of the illegals home country is a poop hole. That is a very large part of the problem, and one that wont be fixed by people just turning their back on their own country and running to a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
            A barrier would almost certainly help their cause, but what I’m saying is that it’s a bandaid on a bullet wound. As long as the demand is here, people will get here. The wall will have little to no effect on the larger problem.

Jailing people who employee illegals would curb the flow almost immediately, and eventually solve the majority of the problem. No need for many of the BP agents or an expanded barrier.
            You also forgot the part that illegals don’t have to pay taxes and get all sorts of government handouts I.e. free healthcare

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
              soooo.....it'll be written in crayon?
              They’re jackasses. There is no resolution that can stop this.
              Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-15-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Like I said. We need to change immigration policy. Also the handout policy to remove a lot of the incentive for people to come. However, yes I do think a wall will help with border crossings. People will still want to come.
                And there it is. The crux of the issue. THE WELFARE STATE!!! stop giving them a ****ing reason to come! Well, at least many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  A good example of wasted funds would be if we gave California 3.5 billion for a high speed rail which in 8 years they would just scrap after wasting billions and making rich cronies more rich. Wait that actually happened. All the while Congress Critters from California want to talk about how 5 billion for a wall is too expensive.
                  And I’m a decade they couldn’t Make it 116 Miles ! But we are supposed to believe that in 10 years they could have the green new deal scrapping air travel via HS train. Lmao!!

Comment

Go Trump. Build the wall. If Beto O'dork wants to take down the wall at El Paso let him and then Trump can build it back on the north side of El Asole and they can be in Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                      This is very bad precedent if it survives anticipated legal challenges. Many on both sides feel this is unwise and exceeds legitimate executive power. This is more about re-election posturing than with dealing with illegal immigration.
                      Gonna be interesting to see how it falls out but the posturing on both sides is hilarious..........watch your backside when it gets this bizarre!
                      Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                      Guess they forgot to tell Bill Clinton he couldn't infringe upon the 2nd., 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban & Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Ac
                      Touche'
                      Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      This is not a good thing - never has been a good thing. Will not be a good thing the next time it is used.

Just another case of its terrible until your guy wants to do it. Then its okay because the bad guys did it first.

Effing ridiculous.
                      Well, kinda difficult to argue against that. We tend to cheer loudly or moan loudly........it all depends on whom is pulling the chain! I just want some popcorn and a rearview mirror as we will be getting into the weeds on this one. $5 to $8 billion is a drop in bucket when compared to what a single Navy Aircraft Carrier costs taxpayers..............$12 - $14 billion!
                      Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                      Yes. It sets a terrible precedent and frankly I see the National Emergencies Act being Constitutionally challenged in the Supreme Court because of it.

For some reason all of you are focused on the 2nd Amendment...frankly I see a Dem President more likely to declare a national emergency to direct funds for Climate Change initiatives rather than a gun grab.
                      Well played sir, well played!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Go Trump. Build the wall. If Beto O'dork wants to take down the wall at El Paso let him and then Trump can build it back on the north side of El Asole and they can be in Mexico
                        the problem here is not most of El Paso agrees with the Irish Mexican, I have a niece that lives there with her husband, who just happens to be of Mexican decent and a lawyer, that do not agree with betos' b.s.

just look at the numbers at their rallies.

Comment

People saying wall wont work...really?

Besids your opinion what other nation has such porus borders that a wall wont substantially help?

The facts tell another tale.

And you are 20 years behind on immigration if you think it is dreamers that are the large part if the issue.

Comment

Gents, we are witnessing the end of the United States as the framers envisioned. The system they designed works on compromise. When you take care of all the middle ground stuff and are only left with things that the right or left will not compromise on the system breaks down.

This is not what they pictured and we, like every other great country/civilization in history have crested. The framers were generally all like minded. They had disagreements but. To put it baseball terms they all lived the game, but couldn’t decide on 8 innings or 10. They settled on 9.

Now you are negotiating with people who don’t want the game to be played. We as hunters disagree on hunting stuff all the time.....308 vs 6.5 Creedmore. When the guy across the table has the goal of banning hunting or banning firearms you are going to lose in the long run. The red white and blue has shot its wad. Makes me sick to think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm reading some of these responses, stating that walls do not or will not work, and shaking my head at how ridiculous they really are..

The further you live north of I-10 the less your opinion means on this subject.. Seriously.. Your clueless..

I bet most with this attitude have never set foot at the border..I'd be glad to take you on a tour and I know others would be too..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                I'm reading some of these responses, stating that walls do not or will not work, and shaking my head at how ridiculous they really are..

The further you live north of I-10 the less your opinion means on this subject.. Seriously.. Your clueless..

I bet most with this attitude have never set foot at the border..I'd be glad to take you on a tour and I know others would be too..
                                You should trying listening to those in Yankee land talk about illegal immigration. Talk about clueless. I spent 9 days traveling the state of Vermont a few years ago with my wife. We never saw one non white except for two tourist families. Listening to them was an eye opening experience. One even had the nerve to ask me why Texas' education system ranked so low given the wealth of our state. Trust me when I tell you I didnt hold anything back when describing the effects of illegals not only on our education system but all of our social services as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X