No announcement yet.

Texas Sized Hog Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured out where th pigs left, or more importantly - why. The sows went off to have babies. I laid a mock blood trail to train my dog and while laying it i came within 30 yards of a momma sow. She had 8 tiny babies with her that could not have been more than 5-10 pounds each. They'll be around soon because they will get very hungry soon.

In the mean time, Ill use some diesel or something. Considering the amount of corn I have to put in my truck tire, I'd like to stay away from anything fermenting. Yuck! My trigger is about 30 yards inside the trap so I'm not sure I want to dig holes.

But... I might.

Comment

Four pages and no results????

Comment

Officially hooked on this thread! I want this trap to work so much I can't stand it! GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Four pages and no results????

Click image for larger version

Name:	WellBYE.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	24571152

We are just gathered around the campfire, telling stories, and waiting on the pigs.

Comment

I like it. I wanna do something like that

Comment

I for one am still excited about the potential and outcome.

DB do you have an update, video or another lesson learned for us?

Comment

I'll speak up for her; things have been tough around the farm with her cows. She also thinks the sows have gone into hiding for farrowing. She has seen some with tiny piglets too, so it won't be long. For now the trap is locked open. She moved a 5 gallon bucket feeder to the pen, and buried corn in a post hole. The deer are like flies to honey on the feeder but haven't touched the buried corn.
                Hopefully this weekend, things will clear up and enough pigs will be looking for food, we can get some trapped.

Comment

Some hogs just won't go into a trap, any kind of trap.

Comment

As Pistol said, I've had other problems to deal with.

My cameras will occasionally pick up hogs going by the trap entrance, but I have not seen them enter it yet. It is locked open until they start coming in on a routine basis.

Mostly, I'm seeing deer at the feeder that I placed inside the pen.

Comment

Hoping the best for ya.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Still in...

Comment

I don't know what happened to the hogs. They are around the area, but I have very few pictures of them around the food plot. I dug a hole and filled it with corn and I have a feeder going but all I see are deer.

I'm stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              I don't know what happened to the hogs. They are around the area, but I have very few pictures of them around the food plot. I dug a hole and filled it with corn and I have a feeder going but all I see are deer.

I'm stumped.
                              Hogs during deer season... and deer when it isn't deer season...

Sounds about normal to me....

Comment

Oops spoke too soon. I have a wild pony that hung around all night.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X