eating bass???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eating bass???

for yrs my brother and i took his clients wading/drifting for trout, and strongly encouraged them to release all the big trout we caught. heck, we pleaded with them. it pretty much fell on deaf ears. As most of em said they just taste too good to release..... well, after a few yrs of port mansfied fishing, the oil field group did a few bass fishing trips on choke and amistad. i wish i had a video of the group bass tournry on choke, where my brother weighed in 5 bass totaling over 35lbs, took them out of the weigh in sack, and filleted them. you could have honestly heard a rubber worm drop in the parking lot....

looks like a lot of us will be doing a little bass fishing in the next couple of years.. i have never eaten or killed a bass, even when i lived next to l bastrop through out college, and fished there bout 4 days/week. how do they taste?

i've been chasing trophy trout for 30+ yrs. there a fewer big trout every year, and we haven't seen a big freeze since the 89's. i don't know how they are going to recover to a healthy population, WHICH MEANS LARGE/OLDER TROUT TOO, not just dinks, unless txpwd addresses the limits again, all the folks making a private living pillaging a public resource(guides), or croaker soaking??

Bass are Delish!!!!

Any 14” fish I catch during the crappie spawn at granger gets Hot grease!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

they aren't as tasty as crappie but they do taste good deep fried.

Comment

They make a good fish sammich, I keep everyone that's legal.

Comment

Stock tank we fish is overpopulated so we started keeping the ones we caught , when the water is cold. I like them , firm meat that are good for tacos or blackening .

Comment

I eat them if I catch them crappie fishing. I can’t tell the difference between them and crappie. Pretty good eating in my opinion.

Comment

Big trout / bass / reds don't eat like those just north of of reaching limit...I'm just curious if they are cutting off fishing in lower laguna madre as you should be able to scoop them up in the channel / deep.

Comment

Some of the best fried fish ive had was largemouth. Caught, filleted and fried within an hour. I often want to fry some more, but im on the side of releasing bass unless a pond is over stocked. So I dont cook them often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Largemouth is better than white bass or catfish, but not as good as crappie.

Comment

Darn good table fare and I keep a few from time to time, but personally I won't keep one over about 3 pounds.

Comment

Are you thinking they need to change the size minimum or bag limit on trout?

Comment

I always keep the smaller ones out of the private lakes we fish, no one can tell the difference between them and the catfish when fried.

Comment

Buddy caught a 8lb and it died during retrieval, so we kept it. I blackened it, and it was dam good!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good, not as good as crappie but not much worse at all

Comment

**** them fish. I will eat them all ��

Comment

Working...
                              X