Buying Silver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Silver?

Anybody watching the speculation on the silver market right now? I'm hearing rumors that there is going to be a run on it when the global markets open tonight. Most of the big sellers online have already halted sales until the markets open. Apparently there has been an insane increase in silver purchases over the weekend. I found a couple of places where it could still be bought so I just ordered about 30 ounces, because I'm not a gambler. I wish I had the cahones to invest more but it seemed like a small safe gamble at its current price. Can anyone that understands the GameSpot debacle and its relation to the run on silver please explain what's going on with all of this?

In

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Anybody watching the speculation on the silver market right now? I'm hearing rumors that there is going to be a run on it when the global markets open tonight. Most of the big sellers online have already halted sales until the markets open. Apparently there has been an insane increase in silver purchases over the weekend. I found a couple of places where it could still be bought so I just ordered about 30 ounces, because I'm not a gambler. I wish I had the cahones to invest more but it seemed like a small safe gamble at its current price. Can anyone that understands the GameSpot debacle and its relation to the run on silver please explain what's going on with all of this?
      what did you pay per ounce?

Comment

The Hunt Brothers tried to corner silver years ago. If you paid spot price you will be okay.

Comment

Well I got around 25 lbs of an gonna be rich lol

Comment

Same reddit users doing another game stop on the shorts...online silver is currently unavailable. Tomorrow will be crazy.

Last edited by Artos; 01-31-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
              Well I got around 25 lbs of an gonna be rich lol
              not sure about rich but if it goes to $50 an ounce you will have $20k

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Same reddit users doing another game stop on the shorts...online silver is currently unavailable. Tomorrow will be crazy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=6uww027M
                Oh wow.....gonna get ugly if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=6uww027M
                  That's what I gathered but haven’t done enough reading to understand the details of what was done and how it was related.

Premiums are high over spot price right now. $4-$5 premiums is what I was finding on the few places that were still selling. For $1000, it was worth it just to see what happens. I'm just gona throw it in the safe and forget about it. I compare it to buying a scratch off for $20. Most likely I just threw $20 down the drain... or I might get lucky and get my $20 back lol. Either way it was fun scratching.

Comment

I had a late friend that talked me into buying a bunch of junk silver several years ago. He said that it would one day become unbelievably worth a whole lot more than I could even imagine. Maybe he was right. We will see.

Comment

I have so much silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The GME reddit folks are saying this is a ploy by the big wigs to divert investments from GME and to ignore what you're seeing about silver.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                          I had a late friend that talked me into buying a bunch of junk silver several years ago. He said that it would one day become unbelievably worth a whole lot more than I could even imagine. Maybe he was right. We will see.
                          I've always thought this too. I think it has been way under valued for a long time and hasn't kept up with inflation or increased like gold. If our dollar ever loses value, gold and silver would sky rocket in my mind. Who knows, it may not ever get above $50/oz.

Comment

Definitely holding my GME! Has jmbullion shut down silver?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              The GME reddit folks are saying this is a ploy by the big wigs to divert investments from GME and to ignore what you're seeing about silver.
                              I was reading earlier that they were saying to stay away from paper silver and buy physical... and hold GME.

Comment

Working...
                              X