Am I paying too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I paying too much?

I am on a 3600 acre ranch in Mills County. We just went to MLD, we have a nice camp house, we are allowed whitetail, turkeys and hogs. With the extended MLD season we get two weekends in October, every weekend plus two full weeks during the regular season, one weekend in January and February and the full spring turkey season. We have 4 to 5 work weekends during the off season and we can hunt hogs at that time as well as fish on one of the many lakes and ponds. We were paying $16.50 an acre and it’s going up to 18.5 an acre. Is this too much? On average we kill sub 130” to 130” deer and the population seems sparse the last couple years. We are trying to manage the 8 points since we started MLD this last season and there has been 160ish inch deer killed in the past but maybe 2 or 3. There is also no bow, dove or duck hunting. Should I feel like I am paying to much or am I just wining?

Am I paying too much?

How many hunters?
    You can’t hunt anytime you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The real question is do you like the place? It sounds like it is on the high end, but if you get off it, someone will be right behind you to take your place. It would not be for me, especially since you seem to be limited to mostly weekends. But if you like the place and the conditions, stay with it

Comment

$66,600 is expensive depending on how many members you have. Then, paying that much for a property that you can't hunt whenever you want to DURING open season, and NO bow hunting, would be a deal breaker for me, especially since y'all aren't regularly killing trophy deer.

Comment

Almost sounds like they are double dipping. You on the weekends and some weeks maybe others there on the off times?

I wouldn’t like the situation as I’ve interpreted it. But if you’re good with it enjoy the heck out of it.

Comment

To each his own, but that doen't sound like the place for me at any price.... My question is do you like the place & if you left would you regret it next season not having a place to hunt ??? How many hunters, & what have yall been paying per gun ???

Comment

Yes you are paying too much.

Comment

Yes
                Ive left great places because the rancher wanted us to come less when it was "year round" lease.

Comment

Hmm, sounds like an interesting place... remember to tack on a $1000 feed bill on top of the $3700/annually each year.
                  Last edited by BobbyJoe; 01-31-2021, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Hmmm they be day huntin your stands during the week are my thoughts.

Comment

No Bow, deal breaker for sure.

At that price I would get two or three hunting buddies and try and buy 1000 Ac down there.
                      Last edited by Bassdeer; 01-31-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Well how much are YOU actually paying? What’s the cost per hunter?

Comment

No bowhunting! I'm out!

Comment

Waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much.

Comment

Them's south Texas prices nearly. Bigger deer are nice but you can have a lot of fun killing 130 inch deer too. Do you have exclusive hunting rights?

Comment

Working...
                              X